Embassy of the United States Job Islamabad, Accountant Technician
The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad is seeking an individual for the position of Accountant Technician in the Library of Congress Office.
Basic Function of Position:
Incumbent with general guidance from the Budget Analyst maintains all the accounts and contact information for the Cooperative Acquisitions Program (CAP). Incumbent monitors the CAP programs regularly to ensure the fiscal health of individual participant accounts. Incumbent provides accounting, procurement, and data entry support to Budget Section ensuring the prompt and accurate reporting of the Library of Congress and participant finances with primary responsibility over the participant accounts. Incumbent serves as primary backup to Budget Analyst with assigned duties helping to ensure the correct, appropriate and legal allocation of the direct funds in LOC. Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree (fourteen years of education) in arts, math/science or commerce is required.
2. Experience: Three years of experience in book-keeping accounting including experience with accounting software and spreadsheets; at least one year of experience with U. S. Government or other international government organization or global organization which adheres to international accounting standards.
3. Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Urdu are required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Incumbent must have knowledge of accounting and budgeting terminology and procedures. Standard knowledge of accounting software systems is required.
5. Abilities & Skills: Incumbent must possess excellent analytical skills. Must be able to summarize numerical and financial reports. Demonstrated ability to perform duties with absolute accuracy and to meet strict deadlines, in spite of voluminous workloads is required. Demonstrated skill in operating computerized accounting systems is required. Ability to identify routine IT problems to determine and communicate such problems to IT service contractor or Washington, DC staff is required. Incumbent must be able to take daily back-ups to the office computing system. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure is required. Must be able to type 30-40 words per minute. Typing skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U. S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: PakJobs@state.gov. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.