Food and Agriculture Organization FAO Job Khyber Agency, Project Officer
– Master degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or Livestock related disciplines.
– 5 Years(A minimum of five (5) year of working experience in agriculture or rural development projects in national and/or international organizations.)
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative, Deputy FAOR and the Assistant FAOR (Programme), and direct supervision of International Project Coordinator, Agency Project Officer will be responsible for the timely and effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project.
Major Tasks to be Performed:
– Timely preparation and review the project workplan in the agency and assistance in procurement plan, implementation plan and assist in timely, effective and coordinated implementation of project activities in conjunction with the agreed work plan;
– Prepare agency level Detailed Implementation Plan/DIP aiming at achieving project goals and outcomes;
– Liaise with line departments inFATA and important stakeholders like GLAs (department of agriculture extension, livestock, poultry, on farm water management, forestry and horticulture and research institutes) at agency and provincial level for smooth implementation of project activities;
– Develop periodic reports in approved formats providing a detailed overview of all aspects of project delivery, beneficiary analysis, intervention approach and impact of assistance on the food and nutrition in targeted areas;
– Assist in development of beneficiary selection criteria for the different intervention based on sound knowledge of target areas
– Supervise field staff in the agencyand coordinate for efficient implementation of project activities and prepare progress reports in a timely manner;
– In collaboration with line departments, arrange timely delivery of orientation sessions to the project beneficiaries on optimum utilization of inputs;
Any other Duties Requested by Supervisor
Key Performance Indicators
– Identification of Project beneficiaries;
– Distribution of crop and livestock inputs.
– Installation of micro irrigation units.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
– A minimum of five (5) year of working experience in agriculture or rural development projects in national and/or international organizations.
– Good knowledge of the agriculture situation in FATA.
– Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English.
– Computer literacy at working level is highly required.
– Demonstrated leadership abilities, with proficiency in coordination skills,
– This post is open only for residents of Khyber Agency.