|Home||Admissions 2016-17||Bridal Dresses||Jobs Pakistan||Govt Jobs||Pakistani Clothes||Cars-Bikes Prices||Child Specialist Karachi|
|Government Jobs Pakistan Pakistan Government Jobs, Sindh Government, Karachi jobs, lahore jobs, panjab jobs, islamabad jobs, Sindh Jobs, larkana jobs, sukkur jobs|
||Post New Thread||LinkBack||Share||Thread Tools|
|11-03-2009, 02:38 PM||#1 (permalink)|
KESC jobs Karachi electric supply Corporation jobs
Jobs, Careers in KESC-Karachi Electric Supply Corporation-Karachi
The Karachi Electric Supply Corporation Ltd.
Top Professionals Required
Do you have what it takes to make a difference.
The Karachi Electric Supply Corporation Ltd, is one of the oldest electric utilities in South Asian region; the utility was established in 1913 to cater the electric power requirement of the City of Karachi. The corporation is principally engaged in the Generation, Transmission and Distribution of electricity. Management is keenly interested in introduction of high level of professionalism in all sectors of KESC, in our bid to bring a meaningful change in the organization and consequently all its stakeholders, we are looking for highly committed individuals in the following areas.
TREASURY AND CORPORATE SERVICES POSITIONS
DIRECTOR TREASURY AND CORPORATE SERVICES
MBA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA
* Making decisions on company finances, the funding of company operations.
* Overseeing and progressing specific project, such as the periodic re-financing of a company.
* Managing daily cash balances and money from the money market.
* Ensuring that the company's cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively.
* Liaising with company bankers and investors and maintain positive long term working relationship.
* Negotiating loan or overdraft terms with company bankers.
* Making presentation to the company board on specific financial issues.
* Keeping up to date with financial and industry developments.
* Forecasting cash payments and anticipating potential challenges arising from limited cash flow.
* Communication with company departments such as tax and accountancy on a ranges of issues.
* Undertake risk management activities to protect and progress a company's financial well-being.
* Analyzing the impact of international money markets on the performance of company products or services.
IT OPERATIONS POSITIONS
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER DATA CENTER OPERATION
Master / Bachelor in Computer Science / MIS.
Minimum 07 years experience of OS Administration, Information Systems and IT Operations. For Bachelor degree holders, minimum experience is 10 years. Will Prefer working experience in a utility company or similar activities like large volume printing (bills/statements), variety of large systems & databaseoperations & maintenance. Minimum 02 years Data Center Operations experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux applications.
* To assist General Manager to manage and operate Data Center.
* To prepare Monthly Billing Schedule for the activities between Data Center Operation and Customer Service Centers.
* To supervise and monitor the activities of Data Processing Section, Disaster Recovery Section, Data Preparation Room and General Section of Data Center Operation.
* Maintain close liaison between the sections of Data Center Operation and between Data Center Operation and other departments.
* Give all possible help on top priority basis on the request of the General Manager on the event of failure of computer run.
* Utilizes his resources between development and production work according to the needs of KESC at any particular time.
* To prepare budget for Data Center Operation.
* Coordinate in the conversion, implementations and testing of the systems with the SAP team and concerned General Managers of IT Division.
* Develop, improve and enforce, operation standards to enhance the quality of operation work.
* Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Divisional Director / General Manager from time to time.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS POSITIONS
MANAGERS BUSINESS OPERATIONS
MBA / MPA, with 05 years hands on experience of utility services sector.
* Building and maintaining strategic relationships with the consumer in developing an image of KESC.
* Managing all customer service issues i.e. billing, meter reading & complaints.
Overall responsibility for operations, maximizing resources for productivity and profitability in accordance with the agreed Consumer Service Standards of KESC for efficient execution within the identified area.
(Areas in which incumbent must get results in order to achieve the purpose of the job)
* Responsible for efficient and smooth work of Business Operations Center.
* Responsible for Customer Guidance / education regarding utility services and specially Energy Conservation Techniques.
* Ensure strategies of making the Business Operation Center profitable by motivating the team in performing and not only facilitating the customer but also recovering 100% bills from the consumer.
* Recommend corrective service solutions to adjust consumer needs and complaints.
* Ensure timely processing of Legal cases.
* Maintaining open lines of communication between related departments / sections in order to maximize the flow of information.
* Maintain dose liaison with Consumer, local bodies, Elected Representatives and other Civic Agencies.
* Suggests methods to improve area of operations, processes, efficiency and service to the consumers.
TRAINEE ENGINEERS POSITIONS
Fresh Engineering Graduates in following disciplines from reputed Engineering Colleges / Universities recognised by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
6. Computer Information Systems
* Maximum 28 years as on closing date.
Program offers complete professional training for one year, payment of stipend during training. At the end of program based on trainee performance offer to join as Assistant Executive Engineer, any where in the licensed area of the KESC Ltd.
Selection Strictly on merit, based on:
* On-line test
* Verification of credentials
* Panel interviews of shortlisted candidates
* Final selection, with total points earned in academic standing, test and interviews
Candidates who had passed their examination prior to 2004 or waiting for result need not to apply.
TRAINEE SWITCH BOARD OPERATORS POSITIONS
TRAINEE SWITCH BOARD OPERATORS
* Diploma in Associate Engineering (DAE) in Electrical Field preferably Fresh from recognised institutes in good standing.
* Well versed with Electrical power Systems concepts.
* Computer knowledge will be an added advantage.
* Maximum age as on closing date 30 years.
* Measurement of grid parameters.
* Logging all the operational activities of the grid station.
* Logging reading of loads, temperature etc. In the log sheets and log books.
* Reporting any abnormality at the grid to LDC and operation engineer and logging it.
* Take appropriate action at his own in case of extreme emergencies.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Leadership and Analytical skills.
* Excellent management and organizational skills.
* Thorough knowledge of latest computer applications.
KESC Employees meeting the requirements are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications on prescribed form available at Karachi Electric Supply Company along with CV and fresh passport size photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director Human Resources,
2nd Floor, State Life Building No.11, Main Abdullah Haroon Road, Saddar, Karachi,
Within 10 days of publication of this advertisement.
Please mark the envelope with the post applied for.