GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Job Karachi, Facility / Building Maintenance Officer
Facility & Building Maintenance Officer:
Requisition ID: 115392
Basic Qualifications: Diploma in Associate Engineering (D.A.E.). Civil Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications: B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
– 5 years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical, chemical or relevant process industry.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Knowledge of local codes of practice.
– Individual should be an effective team player, customer focus, self driven and the ability to create business solutions.
– Must be willing to provide support after office hours when required.
– Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Good knowledge of cGMP and facility validation for the pharmaceutical industry will be an advantage.
– Plan and Supervise facility maintenance and construction jobs across site.
– Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
– Issue work permits for daily non routine activities and develops relevant method statements and risk assessments.
– Project execution and supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
– Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
– Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as maintenance, construction , waste disposal and recycling;
– Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with GSK standards
– Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises
– Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
– Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
– Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
– Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
– Ensure that all construction, routine and non-routine activities across site are carried within acceptable EHS requirements.
– Keep vigilance for EHS violation from contractors and issue warnings accordingly
– Ensures facility adheres to established company standards for design changes, aesthetics, furniture, maintenance, supplies and equipment.
– Self-performs minor touch ups and repairs to walls, flooring, furniture and equipment as needed.