GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Job Karachi, Site Electrical Engineer
Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university or Diploma in Electrical with sound working experience in Electrical Systems Maintenance at industrial Scale.
– Professional Engineer (Electrical) certification will be an added advantage.
– At least 6-8 years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical, chemical or relevant process industry.
– Sound technical knowledge of LT HT equipment operations will be an advantage.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Knowledge of local codes of practice.
– Individual should be an effective team player, customer focus, self driven and the ability to create business solutions.
– Must be willing to provide support after office hours when required.
– Possess good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Good knowledge of cGMP and facility validation for the pharmaceutical industry will be an advantage.
Develop and maintain site standards for Electrical systems to ensure compliance to the statutory and corporate policies and Approved code of practices.
– Write, revise and approve technical SOPs relating to area of expertise.
– Provide technical input to the Corporate procedures and standards.
– Knowledge of Fire alarm systems, Telephone systems, Site camera systems.
– To be the site expert in Electrical systems for the site, including HV switching.
– Conversant in hazardous area regulations and implementation.
– Ensure that site utilize electrical assets to their full potential.
– Ensure technology is utilized to its maximum potential.
– Develop preferred vendors list and be actively involved in the selection of new technology.
– Provide technical support to tradesman and lead engineers to resolve major breakdowns.
– Lead and facilitate route cause analysis sessions for equipment breakdown and implement recommendations.
– Conduct investigations into electrical equipment failures and implement solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
– Project management and ownership of revenue projects for benefit delivery.
– Take ownership and manage major electrical issues to resolution as they arise.
– Generation of technical reports and documentation
– Develop and deliver ongoing technical training and mentoring to trade staff within area of expertise.
– Generate knowledge guides and maintain appropriate library documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Develop processes to maintain electrical schedules for the site.
– To conduct investigations to incidents that may arise within your area of expertise and produce technical reports and safety bulletins.
– Provide front line support to regulatory audits for electrical issues.