Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan www.hec.gov.pk
PVi.D Scholarships for FATA Journalists
PROVISION OF HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE STUDENTS OF BALOCHISTAN & FATA _
Applications are invited from working journalists of FATA for the award of Ph.D scholarship in the field of Journalism under the project ‘Provision of Higher Education Opportunities tor the Students of Balochistan and FATA’. These scholarship will be awarded to those who have secured admission in HEC identified Universities in USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
35 Years of age as on 24,h September 2013.
Working Journalist having domicile of FATA.
Masters in Journalism or equivalent (Not more than two
2na divisions throughout the Academic career & not less than
50% marks throughout the academic record).
How to Apply and General Information:
1. Scholarship details and application forms can be downloaded from URL: www.hec.aov.pk/balochistan-fata Details of required documents have also placed at HEC website.
2. An amount of Rs. 800/- as application processing fee (non-refundable) may be deposited in the HEC Online A/C No. 17427900133401 in Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad (Attach Original receipt with application form).
3. Candidates have to secure admission in Ph.D in Journalism in the HEC identified Universities by Spring 2014. (Details of Universities are available on HEC website at www.hec.gov.pk/Balochistan-fata)
4. Scholarships will be awarded by the Project Steering Committee and preference will be given to the individual who will secure admission for spring 2014.
5. 60% weightage will be given to HEC academic evaluation formula and 40% weightage will be given to the University ranking.
6. Recipient/Awardees of scholarship are bound to come back to Pakistan and to serve for 5 years in Pakistan.
7. HEC reserves the right to accept or reject any application without giving any reason(s).
8. Application form should be verified by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Islamabad.
9. Candidates who are availing any other scholarship can not apply.
10. Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Closing Date of Application:
The application forms completed in all respect along with all the required documents should be sent by the registered post or courier service on the address given below so as to reach on or before 24,h September 2013 during office hours.
Shamila Ishaq Acting Project Director (Balochistan & FATA Scholarship Program)
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad Ph # 051 9080 8042, 051 9080 8094, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- hec scholarships 2014 fata
- Scholarships for Journalism in balochistan