International Organization for Migration IOM Job Karachi, Migration Health Physician
Under the supervision of the head of office and the guidance from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for technical matters and the Chief of Mission, Pakistan for administrative matter the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the Immigrant Medical Examination for visa applicants. The duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Conduct Immigration medical examinations according with the technical instruction of the destination county ensuring the quality and integrity of entire examination; generate and submit the related a documentation of migrants;
– Read or reread all CXRs and other X-Rays films related to migrants health assessment program;
– Ensure that all relevant data related to the heath assessment program are entered to eMedical, MiMOSA and other related databases;
– Provide counselling of TB suspects for the sputum examination and TB cases for the TB treatment, Liaison with NTP and Private Physician for TB treatment, Conduct follow up and deliver TB progress appropriate reports of the TB case on treatment. And support to the HIV/AIDS counselling and treatment activities;
– Liaison with specialist of the hospitals and the laboratories involved in the health assessment programs;
– Assist the Head of office in data analysis related to the health assessment program for presentation and program planning in a standardized manner;
– Conduct the appropriate follow up of the furtherance, deferral and re assessment cases; provide the relevant medical report and queries addressed to medical condition of these cases;
– Assist the Head of office to Participate in the collaboration with DIAC, CIC and other health authorities of the destination countries in relation with the Immigrant medical examination ;
– Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Education and Experience:
– University degree in Medicine, preferably with five years’ experience in curative medicine and public health including health assessment programs.
– Valid license to practice medicine in Pakistan
– Ability and willingness to working in difficult areas/situations.
– Ability to work with the colleagues with different cultural backgrounds
– Good computer skills.
Languages: Thorough knowledge of English, working knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu.
Required Skills: Post-Graduation training in Public health, health administration, tuberculosis and radiology will be added advantages.