Government of Pakistan
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Nature of the Company
Infrastructure Project Development Facility (IPDF) is a company incorporated under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984 under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance. The core function of IPDF is to facilitate the public sector implementing agencies in execution of infrastructure projects under the Public Private Partnerships (PPP) modality. IPDF is the key vehicle under the Government’s broader Public Private Partnerships policy to meet the objectives of the Government to evolve the enabling environment of Public Private Partnerships in Pakistan and to increase the number of commercially viable and attractive investments and the volume of private sector participation in such investments. The company has a supervisory board chaired by the Federal Finance Minister.
Criteria of the Job
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO). IPDF will need to be a dynamic professional. The CEO will report to the IPDF Company Board and should have the following attributes.
• Having the minimum education of Masters degree in relevant fields;
• Extensive relevant work experience in developing economies, and preferably has headed a similar organization in a comparable environment;
• In-depth understanding of the needs and bottlenecks of developing infrastructure projects with the private/public sector and ability to adapt knowledge to the context in Pakistan;
• Having a strong background in PPP project transaction facilitation, processing and administration:
• Able to manage, motivate, train, and lead a team of professionals;
• Committed to the development of PP transactions in infrastructure sectors and able to assist sponsors in closing commercially viable and economically sensible transactions;
• Capable of representing the IPDF and its objectives to clients in the private sector financial institutions, government at various levels and the media; Experience of working under a high-powered private sector board, and fully conversant with all aspects of progress – reporting and audit – requirements for Government and Development Organizations;
• Minimum age limit for the post is 50 years.
Based at Islamabad, the above position will be initially for three years, extendable subject to performance.
IPDF provides a stimulating and professionally challenging environment with market – based salary package commensurate with the experience and qualifications. Application with CV and three references, marked & sealed “Application for Chief Executive Officer. IPDF” should be addressed to the undersigned within 15 days of the publication of this notice. The applications are required to be submitted on the given format
Applicant’s Name Qualification Total Relevant Experience Date of Birth Present Position
S Muhammad Aslam
z Deputy Secretary (Inv- II) Investment Wing Room No. 140. Block “S”,
Ministry of Finance. Pak: Secretariat. Islamabad
a The applications received by mail within 15 days from the date of advertisement will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.