NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HISTORICAL & CULTURAL RESEARCH (NIHCR) Centre of Excellence, Quaid-i-Azam University
Applications are invited from Pakistani Nationals forthe following posts in the National Institute of Historical & Cultural Research (NIHCR), Centre of Excellence, Quaid-i-Azam University.
S.No. Name of Post BPS No of Post Age Limit Qualification
1. Senior Research Fellow 19 01 Nill (i) Ph.D in History. Archaeology, Political Science, Anthropology and Pakistan Studies with 2 years research / teaching experience in recognized University or Research Organization. OR (ii) First Class Masters Degree in History with 6 years teaching / research experience in a recognized University/ Institution of higher education / research experience relaxable to 4 years of holders of MA (Foreign) / M.Phil (Pakistani University) or equivalent degrees awarded after 18 years of education (as determined by HEC) in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution. Research experience and publications will be considered as additional qualification and given preference.
2. Accountant 16 01 35 B.Com with 5 years experience or SAS (equivalent with some reasonable experience in accounts and audit in a University / Research Organization or Government institution.
3. Proof Reader 15 01 35 Bachelor’s Degree with good working knowledge of English / Urdu and 2 years experience of Proof Reading of Printing / Publication Books in Research Organization or a University.
4. Cashier 12 01 35 Graduate with 1 year experience or Intermediate with 2 years experience or Matriculate with 3 years experience in a University, Government or Semi Government Organization in Accounts Work.
5. UDC 9 01 35 Graduate with 1 year clerical experience or Intermediate with 2 years experience in a University / Government / Semi Government Organization. Computer literate will be given preference.
6. Library Assistant 9 01 35 BA with CLS and 2 years experience, FA with CLS and 3 years experience, and Matriculate with CLS and 5 years experience in a University or Education Department.
7. Book Binder 5 02 30 Matriculation with sufficient experience of book binding.
1. All appointments will be made according to NIHCR Centre of Excellence, Quaid-i-Azam University rules.
2. Other facilities, such as Medical Treatment, Housing, General Provident Fund, Pension, Leave etc. will be provided in accordance with NIHCR rules.
3. Government Servant / Semi Government Organizations / Corporations and autonomous bodies’ employees can only apply through proper channel.
4. Four copies of the application on plain paper should be sent by registered post in the name of Director NIHCR, Islamabad so as to reach within 20 days of publication of this advertisement.
5. Candidates must bring their original educational degrees / certificate / CNIC at the time of test/ interview.
6. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
7. Two attested copies of CNIC must be attached with application.
8. Application reached afterthe prescribed date will not be entertained.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be called fortest/ interview.
10. The Competent Authorities in the NIHCR reserve the rightto accept or reject any application.
11. Bank Draft of Rs. 1,000/- (non-refundable) in the name of Director NIHCR should be attached.
12. No TA/ DA will be paid for appearing in the test/ interview.
(Prof. Dr. Sayed Wiqar AM Shah)
New Campus, Quaid-i-Azam University, Shahdara Road, Islamabad