The Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, South Asia’s premier business school, seeks the services of a Program Director for its newly established Centre for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ). The Centre for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ) is an initiative for the professional development, training and networking of Pakistani journalists and media professionals.
Program Director – Centre for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ)
The incumbent will direct the overall operational activities of the Centre. S/he will plan and implement program goals to fulfill the mission of the CEJ and will supervise CEJ staff to facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Centre.
In addition to her or his duties as Program Director, the candidate will also be appointed as a full-time faculty member in the Department of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts, and will teach up to two courses each semester.
• Plan, direct, coordinate and lead activities of the CEJ to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements of the CEJ are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
• Manage and supervise all CEJ programs and personnel hired to plan and run trainings and activities organized by the CEJ
• Establish a work plan for each phase of the project and assign duties and responsibilities as needed
• Oversee the budget and ensure financial accountability
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems
• Teach up to two courses each semester as assigned by the Chairperson, Department of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts
• MA/MS/MPhil/MBA/PhD from any HEC recognized university or institute
• 3 to 5 years of higher-level management experience, preferably in a communications/media organization
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Experience in managing and conducting professional trainings
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete the Online Pre-employment Application Form available at the following web link: https://careers.iba.edu.pk Please submit this form along with an updated CV. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Head of Human Resources