Applications are invited for the following positions at the newly opened Department of Mining Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Karakoram International University (Gilgit Campus). Subject: Mining Engineering
1. Professor (1 Position) (BPS-21/TTS)
2. Associate Professor (1 Position) (BPS-20/TTS)
3. Assistant Professors (2 Positions) (BPS-19/TTS) Eligibility Criteria:
• As per Higher Education Commission (www.hec.gov.pk).
• For position serial number (3), Minimum qualification required is MS (18 years education). Applicants with BS/BE (16 years education are not eligible.
• Registration with Pakistan Engineering Council is required.
• If no applicationsfulfilling eligibility criteria for positions at serial numbers (1) and (2) are received, applicants having crossed superannuation age but still below 62 years of age will be considered on contract basis.
1. PhD degree Holder will not be considered for Assistant Professor under BPS.
2. All rules in true letter & spirit of TTS version 2 & BPS are applicable.
3. Candidates applying for the above posts are required to submit cross postal order/bank draft of Rs: 1000/- in favor of Treasurer Karakoram International University Gilgit.
4. Complete Application along with attested copies of educational degrees, publications, experience certificates, equivalence certificate (in case of foreign degree), CNIC with all other relevant documents should be submitted to Manager HR Office, Karakoram International University Gilgit. Application form may be downloaded from KIU website www.kiu.edu.pk.
5. Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel; incomplete and late applications shall not be entertained.
6. Age is relaxable as per government rules.
7. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall call for interview.
8. Last date of submission of applications is March 2,2015.
Nouman Hamid Butt, Manager HR 05811-960011 (Ext.106)