Medecins Sans Forntieres (MSF) Job Islamabad, Country Purchaser / Driver
Medecins Sans Forntieres (MSF) OCA is an independent medical humanitarian association that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to political issues and renders its assistance without making any discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ideology or political opinion. MSF has no ties or affiliation with any political, economic or religious body or organization, in order to act in accordance with humanitarian principles.
MSF Operations centre Amsterdam (MSF_OCA) is looking for a country Purchaser/ Driver for its office in Islamabad, Pakistan. MSF offers a package of benefits (Salary: Leave Medical Humanitarian Organization.
• Carry out project/mission supply chain processes (ordering, Purchasing, inventorying, management and related administration.
• Analyze local market providers, regularly evaluating the market, and seek alternative products, negotiating the best prices and services conditions.
• Assist line Manager or Logco/Deputy Logco to Invitations to tender, in accordance with the MSF Procedures.
• Ensure delivery of goods to the capital Storkepper, after checking the quality and quantity (against the purchase order).
• Ensure safe transportation for MSF staff and goods and responsible for making sure that the assigned vehicles is kept clean and in good working condition.
• Responsible to update the vehicle and fuel logbooks. Recording of mileage, fuel receipts, maintenance services.
• Responsible for correct loading and unloading the goods/ material into the vehicle.
• Is responsible for the number and condition of tools and the spare parts, like spare tyre, jack listed on the car logbook.
• Minimum 12 years education (HSSC or Diploma).
• Valid driving license with at least 4 years driving experience especially in Islamabad and Rawalpindi areas.
• At least 1 years of experience in relevant position, and preferably supply or equivalent experience with an INGO or other sector (e.g. Private company).
• Demonstrable technical skills and understanding of the local market and legal skills and requirements for driving.
• Proficient in English, Urdu, Desirable: knowledge of any other relevant local languages.
• High sense of responsibility and reliability.
• Respectful behavior and good communication skills.
• Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
• Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter.
Applicants who meet the professional qualifications and required skills should apply with latest CV, copies of educational documents & experience letters to:
Email Address: email@example.com. Attention to HR Coordinator Incase email is not possible application cloud also be submitted to below address: House No 36A, Park Road, F/8-2 Islamabad.
Deadline for Applicants: 05th December 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.