Medical College, Aga Khan University Job Karachi, Senior Assistant
The primary function of Department for Educational Development (DED) is faculty development for improved Health Professions Education (HPE). It is responsible for introducing new initiatives and the philosophical underpinnings for improvement of educational programmes and for developing leaders in human development.
The department focuses on areas of educational pedagogy, including innovative curricula, new instructional strategies, use of e-learning and web-based resources, innovative and appropriate assessment methods, and evaluation of educational programmes. Its initiatives include retreats, workshops, sessions and courses in HPE. Additionally, the department participates in key educational committees and in curricular activities and serves as a resource for educational research in health sciences education.
You will be Responsible to:
– Initiate and develop computer based examinations with DED faculty and exam cell
– Maintain safety and security measures of the examination cell and question bank
– Coordinate in-time conduction of the examinations, scanning, manual checking and compilation of the scores for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and SONAM programmes
– Assist in preparing and administration of the data for Post hoc analysis before finalizing the results
– Assist in finalizing the result of Undergraduate, Postgraduate examinations
– Coordinate with Office of the Registrar for examinations related issues
– Maintain student track records
– Provide secretarial support to the Chair of the department if required
– Assist supervisor in managing mega retreat and other academic events
– Assist in administrating departmental courses, programs and other activities.
You will have:
– At least a Graduate degree, however Graduation in Information Technology will be preferred
– At least two to three years’ relevant experience
– Proficiency in MS Office, SPSS and Internet surfing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal and organizing skills
– Ability to independently correspond in writing to the faculty and staff.
To Apply Interested Candidates should send their detailed CV’s by email to: email@example.com, Please mention the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted latest by July 10, 2015.