Government of Pakistan
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(IT & Telecom Division)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN MINISTRY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Information Technology invites application from dynamic professionals for the post of Executive Director (National IT Board-NITB) (MP-1) as per details given below.
Master Degree or BCS/BSc (equivalent to 16 years of education) in Computer Science or any discipline related to Information Technology from a reputable accredited local or foreign University. Candidates with MBA Degree and Project Management Certification will be preferred.
The candidates should have a minimum of 15 years diverse IT industry experience (gained any time after 16 years education in the relevant subject), including atleast 5-yaers at management level successfully leading and implementing programs/projects in complex technical environments with owner ship and full accountability. Dynamic, proactive candidate with a proven track record of managing an ICT function within a large ICT strategy consultancy or ITI telecommunications service provider, or OSS/BSS vendor will be preferred. A successful track record of initiating and supporting large-scale organizational change and the management of the ICT infrastructure to support the change would be a distinct bonus.
The candidate must have the capacity for developing a vision of how ICT can transform the e-Government services and contribute to government efficiency and quality of life of citizens. Candidates need to have a strong planning and administration skills to evaluate organizational needs, shape future strategy & embed a transformational change in the delivery of Accelerated Digitization- in collaboration with the heads of all NITB Directorates and other stakeholders. To help efficiently deliver Accelerated Digitization, candidates will be expected to demonstrate in-depth understanding of state-of -the-art and emerging ICTs, strong analytical, project management and business process re-engineering experience. The candidates experience should include hands on hybrid project management practices, Including waterfall and Agile/ Scrum, enterprise applications development, networking & server technologies, standards & interfaces and open source systems.
Effective team leadership and management experience and excellent written communication, negotiation and relationship building skills and the ability to interact with and manage diverse stakeholders, including various federal Government departments, is preferred.
• To assist the ministry of information technology in developing vision for E-Government initiative and embedding e-Governance in the Federal Ministries/ Division.
• To lead the overall efficient and cost effective implementation of the e-government programs in the federal ministries I divisions.
• To articulate and develop support for the E-Government program at the senior leadership level throughout the government.
• To coordinate smooth end-to-end E-Government project design and implementation.
• To work for the identification of the areas where IT interventions can be helpful and to suggest measures for the automation of these areas through business process Re-engineering (BPR).
• To mange a team of IT professionals such that the throughput is maximized
• To review the status of E-Government readiness to ensure sustainable and accelerated digitization.
• To assist the ministry of IT for the provision of standards for software and infrastructure in the field of E-Government.
• To manage IT projects particularly PSDP IT Projects
• To carry out Training Need assessments and to design and implement IT Capacity Programmes of the Federal Ministries/Divisions
• To manage the key functions of the NITB -Strategic planning & Consultancy Services,e-Governance ;Systems development & Program Management, User & Network Support;
• To account for the performance of the NITB achieving best value, and continuous improvement in service delivery;
• Develop, promote and sustain positive and productive external working relationship and partnership, including joint working with external hardware and software services suppliers, to ensure that the NITB obtains best value in the resourcing of its ICT requirement;
• Establish relevant benchmark and performance standards against which to monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the NITB in contributing to the overall achievement of its aim and objectives.
• Provide effective management, appraisal and development of staff to ensure performance objective and standards are consistently met in line with the NITB aims and objectives;
UPPER AGE LIMIT:
PAY PACKAGE & FACILITIES:
MP-1, Rs.263,000-20,000-324,000 with house rent allowance (Rs.101,000-142,000), Utilities allowance (Rs.13,100-16,200), Rs.95,910/- for Conveyance allowance, Medical and other allied facilities as admissible under the Government Rules. No other benefit of any kind would be admissible or will be considered over and above the salary package under reference.
In case of selection, the candidates working in Government Departments, autonomous/Semi-autonomous bodies will have to either resign from their posts or to seek retirement before joining their new assignment. Candidates possessing the required qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply alongwith a copy of their recent passport size photograph on the following address with Fifteen (15) days of publication of this advertisement. Incomplete applications will not be entertained NOC from present employer in case of Government servants is mandatory.
CVs: Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their applications online at the following web link and also provide hard copies of the requisite degrees/certificates which have been duly verified by the respective board/university/institutions and HEC. The copies of the said documents may also be provided via e-mail (email@example.com).
Rauf Ahmad IT&Telecommunica
Section Officer (Admn) 4th pioor.Evacuee Ti
Ministry of Information Technology & F_5/1 |s|amgbad pf. Telecommunications
IT & Telecommunications Division
4th Floor,Evacuee Trust Complex, Agha Khan Road,
F-5/1, Islamabad. Ph: 9209785