PAKISTAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
Applications are invited for the following posts in PBC, from candidates possessing the qualifications and experience as indicated below:-
Qualification and Experience
S.# Name & number of post
Allocation of Seats
Senior Broadcast Engineer – 30
1. PBC Pay Scale-6
a. Engineering Degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized University.
b. Registered with Engineering Council of Pakistan.
c. Experience in broadcasting, digital editing production and operating of audio console.
Merit =07 Punjab =21 KPK =01 Balochistan=01
Punjab=32 (28 Merit,3 Women, 1 Minority). Sindh (R)=08 (7 Merit, 01 Women). Sindh U=6 (5 Merit, 1 Women). KPK=05. Balochistan=01
9. Master Degree or equivalent in 2nd Division;
b. Proficiency in one of the major Pakistani Language will be added qualification; and
C. Preference will be given to the person having experience of digital editing & production and operating of audio console.
I I I
Producer – 60
PBC Pay Scale-5
Punjab=19 (16 Merit, 2 Women(1 Minority). Sindh (R)=04(03 Merit. 1 Women). Sindh U=03. KPK=06 (05 Merit, 1 Women). Balochistan=01. NA/FATA=Q3. AJK=01
2nri class Master’s Degree or equivalent in Journalism I Mass Communication I Political Science I International Relation / Economics I Business Administration I Commerce I English I Urdu. Computer Literacy will be considered as added qualification.
Sub-Editor/ Monitor – 40
PBC Pay Scale- 5
Punjab=49 (42 Merit,5 Women, 1 Minority, 1 Disable).
Sindh (R)=06(05 Merit, 01 Women) Sindh U=09(08 Merit, 01 Women). KPK=01. Balochistan=01
Three years Diploma of Associate Engineer in Radio and TV/ Electronics/ Electrical/Telecommunication/ Computer hardware and Instrument Technology from a recognized institute.
PBC Pay Scale-4
Punjab=61 (50 Merit,8Women,2 Minority, 1 Disable).
Sindh (R)=07 (06 Merit, 01 Women). Sindh U=11 (10 Merit, 01 Women). Balochistan=Q1 NA/FATA=Q3,_
Matric (Science Group in 2* Division) plus Diploma/ Certificate of one year course in electronics/ electrical/ diesel/Air-conditioning, or any other suitable trade from a Govt, or Govt, recognized Vocational or Technical Institution.
Broadcast Technician -100
PBC Pay Scale- 3
Merit=01, Punjab=08. Sindh (R)=02. Sindh U-01. KPK=01. Balochistan=01 NA/FATA= 01. AJK=01.
b.Handling of Stores in Engineering of wireless firms; and
c.Computer literacy will be preferred.
Store Keeper – 16
PBC Pay Scale-2
Upper age limit for all the above posts is 30 years. All the candidates applying for the above mentioned posts shall be entitled to
the general relaxation in the maximum age limit for 05 years. Other age relaxation will be allowed as per Government rules. The
candidates applying against disabled quota with disability certificate from the authorized Medical Board will also be entitled to
10 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Serving candidates are advised to apply Through Proper Channel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for testI interview.
No TA/DA will be allowed to candidates for test or interview.
Candidates awaiting their result are not eligible to apply.
Original documents must be presented by the candidates at the time of interview.
The candidature of those candidates who do not fulfill the required eligibility criteria, may be cancelled at any stage during the process of selection or subsequently.
Number of posts can be increased or decreased in accordance with requirements of PBC. PBC reserves the right to withhold the recruitment process at any stage.
How to apply
1. Application forms shall be downloaded from National Testing Service (NTS) website i.e. www.nts.orq.pk.
2. Candidates shall submit application forms duly filled in alongwith attested copies of educational documents /testimonials, certificates, copy of CNIC and two recent passport size photographs directly to NTS on the address mentioned on application form within fifteen days of publication of advertisement.
3. Test fee shall be paid to N.T.S. on prescribed Bank Challan (attached with application form downloaded from NTS website i.e. (www.nts.org.pk)
4. Incomplete applications or applications carrying incorrect information shall be summarily rejected.
5. Only those candidates who have completed their requisite Degree programme are eligible to apply.
6. Eligibility of a candidate shall be determined on the basis of NTS test (to be conducted by National Testing Service) and interview by the Department.
7. Roll No. slips containing the information regarding test center, timings and test date shall be separately dispatched directly to candidates by NTS. Candidates can also download their Roll No. Slips from NTS website.
(Muhammad Khan Khattak) Admn. Manager (Recruitment)
Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation, Headquarters,
Constitution Avenue, Islamabad Phone No. 051-9203750