Pakistan State Oil Company Ltd. “PSO” is the Oil market leader in Pakistan and is the largest company in terms of turnover quoted on the stock exchanges, with a turnover of over Rs. 1.4 trillion and having nationwide operations. PSO seeks to appoint a Managing Director, 10 lead the company as its Chief Executive Officer. Accordingly, applications are solicited for the position of Managing Director of PSO from dynamic & self-motivated professionals with outstanding vision, strong leadership & management skills, who are target driven and have the ability to transform strategic business goals into action plans.
The key functions & responsibilities for the position as well as qualifications, experience and skills for the same, would be as follows:
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Pakistan State Oil
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Managing Director:
• will work to create a strategic vision for the corporation.
• will foster and cultivate stakeholder relationships, oversee capital structure, as to enhance the shareholder value.
• shall undertake relationship management with key counterparts within & outside the company by providing strategic input in all policy & financial matters.
• will be responsible for overseeing the entire operations of the company, developing & implementing the corporate strategies & ensuring good corporate governance.
• will formulate effective internal controls and ensure key performance indicators, key risk indicators, and key control systems are monitored.
• shall enhance relationships & work with the relevant Government ministries, regulatory and relevant authorities pro-actively to influence and create conditions for the smooth working of the organization.
• will have a post-graduate degree or qualification in business administration/management or engineering from a recognized accredited educational institution.
• must have minimum 20 years of experience of which atleast 10 years must have been in progressively senior management/leadership positions, preferably in oil & gas/energy/ petroleum marketing sectors. Should have worked in a commercial organization comparable to PSO and be familiar with its dynamics.
• should be in age bracket of 55-62 years.
• must have demonstrated ability to manage & successfully execute complex multiparty transactions, with local & foreign parties, as well as complex financial transactions with public & private sector banks and financial institutions.
• must have excellent written and verbal presentation and negotiation skills.
The selected candidate will be offered a three(3) year contract, extendable with mutual consent of the parties The position carries excellent salary and benefits package
If you have the required educational qualification, leadership & management skills and are interested to take up the challenge, you are requested to apply latest by 1700hrs on 18th January 2015. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word Format. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY IS MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES!!
As part of our normal practice, to strictly maintain your confidentiality, your CV shall not be forwarded to the client or any other company without your prior consent.
Premier Executive Search Consultants
104, Uzma Arcade, Main Clifton Road,Karachi – 75600. Tel (Khi): +92(21)35373025-26