Aitebaar is a UK Government funded Rule of Law and peace support programme working in partnership with the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Aitebaar.org) which aims to implement the PCNA in order to improve trust building in KP. The programme will improve security, justice and governance service provision and enable citizens to exercise their rights. We are seeking qualified applicants for the following position mentioned below.
Criminal Justice Adviser Peshawar with travel to Islamabad
The purpose of the assignment is to support the; (i) the Home and Tribal Affairs Department, Government of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s policy development initiatives; (ii) development and monitoring of implementation of the Rule of Law component of the Strategic Development Framework (SDPF) of the GoKP; (iii) working of the Home Department’s Working Group on Law and Order / Criminal Justice System Reform.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A senior professional, holding a Master’s degree in Social or Political Science, Law, Public Administration or related security field plus approximately 15 years of relevant criminal justice experience ideally within the Government.
• Sound knowledge of Government structures and policies at the federal and provincial level, including rule of law and crime mandate areas.
• Ability to produce concise reports and presentations
• In depth knowledge of programming in the Security and Justice Sector
• Experience in project management cycle and preparation of key performance indicators.
• Fluency in English and Urdu, native Pashto speaker will be a plus
We believe in equal opportunities for all. Interested applicants can visit http://www.aitebaar.org/careers for detailed TORs. Interested applicants can send their CVs with expression of interest at following email firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “Application for CJ Adviser”. Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews. Last date to apply is January 18,2015.