Applications are invited for 25 vacant posts of Additional District & Sessions Judge/lzafi Zilla Qazi (BPS-20), from the citizens of Pakistan, who are bonafide domiciled of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The applications must reach this office on or before 25-08-2015 till closing hours; otherwise the same will not be entertained.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE;-
i. Advocate having L.L.B degree or equivalent degree from a recognized university entitling him to practice
the profession of law or is a Barrister of England or Ireland, or is a Member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland; and
ii. Be a practicing Advocate of High Court and/or the Courts subordinate thereto with a minimum practice of eight years. (Eight years’ practice as an Advocate shall be counted from the date when the Advocate becomes registered member of any Bar Association till the last date fixed for submission of applications).
iii. The experience of practicing as an Advocate shall also include the service render as Govt Pleader, Additional Govt Pleader, Public Prosecutor or Additional Public Prosecutor.
AGE: – The candidate must not be less than 35 years or more than 45 years of age, as on the last date fixed for
submission of applications i.e., 25-08-2015.
SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN TEST
The elig ble candidates shall appea in the Written Test comprising three descriptive papers in the following subjects:-
S. No Paper Component Maximum Marks
1 General Knowledge and English General Knowledge/Pakistan Affairs Part – I Precis and Composition Part-II 30 70 100
2 Civil Law • Civil Procedure Code 1908 • Family Court Act 1964 • Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961 • KP Pre-Emption Act 1987 • Rent Restriction Ordinance Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 100
3 ‘ Criminal Law • Criminal Procedure Code 1898 • Pakistan Penal Code 1860 • Qanoon-e-Shahadat Order 1984 • Hudood Laws 100
i. All papers on legal subjects may include latest amendments.
ii. All papers will contain objective and subjective questions. The objective questions shall be compulsory.
The Qualifying/Passing Marks are 45 % in each written paper and 55 % in aggregate of all papers. NOTE: No candidate shall be summoned for interview unless he/she obtained the requisite marks.
(i) Applications forms are available on the official website of Peshawar High Court, Peshawar i.e., www.peshawarhighcourt.gov.pk.
(ii) The applicants are required to submit complete application forms in all respect by hand or through registered post, on or before the closing date.
(iii) The applicants are required to deposit non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 3000/- through Bank draft/pay order/direct credit OR online in the designated account of Registrar, Peshawar High Court, Peshawar vide account No. 01243-00-3, Bank of Khyber, Peshawar High Court Branch (original receipt/Bank draft must be enclosed with the application form).
(iv) The attested copies of the following documents shall be attached with the application forms:
• All Education Certificates such as Matric / Inter / B.A / L.L.B and any additional qualification such as M.A, L.L.M etc.
• National Identity Card.
• Eight years’ experience certificate as an advocate by the concerned President District Bar Association, stating the date when the Advocate acquired the membership of a Bar Association and duly countersigned by the concerned District and Sessions Judge.
• At least five attested Vakalat Namas per year of the decided cases of last five years independently conducted by the candidate before High Court or District Courts in order to prove that he/she is a practicing lawyer.
• Enrollment certificate as an advocate of Lower Courts.
• Enrolment certificate as an advocate of High Court
• Character certificate from President of concerned District Bar Association.
• Govt Pleader, Additional Govt Pleader, Public Prosecutor or Additional Public Prosecutor will apply through proper channel along with NOC and Experience Certificate from their competent authority.
• Four latest passport size attested photographs (one from the front and three on back side) by a Government officer of BS-17 or above who should give his/her full name and designation and affix his/her official stamp and signatures. The said photographs shall be submitted in a small sized envelope.
• Any applicant who earlier resigned due to proceeding under Efficiency & Discipline Rules or dismissed from
_service are not eligible to apply._
a) The qualified candidates will remain on probation in terms of Section 9 of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Judicial Service Rules, 2001.
b) No candidate shall be summoned for interview unless he/she obtained 45 % marks in each written paper and 55 % marks in the aggregate. No candidate shall be considered to have qualified for appointment unless he/she also passed the interview. Failure or absence in interview shall mean that the candidate has failed to qualify for appointment and his name will not be included in the merit list.
c) The date sheet, place of the examination and other general instructions will be intimated to the eligible candidates through call letters, and also through SMS, official website.
d) The High Court reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts or not to fill any post or to frame any kind of policy in light of prevalent rules and regulations.
e) Merely submission of application form, appearance in Written Examination and Interview would not confer any right for appointment
f) In case of any adverse material against any Advocate or concealment of facts by any Advocate, false information or misstatement made in any document, the High Court reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any stage, even after appointment
g) Applications received after due date shall not be entertained.
h) The list of provisionally accepted/rejected applicants will be uploaded on the official website of Peshawar High Court, Peshawar i.e., ww.peshawarhighCQurt.gQY.pk.
i) The applicants whose applications are rejected may apply for review within two working days after uploading on the official website of Peshawar High Court, Peshawar.
j) After decision about review, final list of applications eligible for examination will be uploaded on Peshawar High Court, Peshawar official website.
k) No TA/DA will be admissible for the candidates appearing in the Test/Interview.
Bare Act of Criminal Procedure Code 1898 and Civil Procedure Code 1908 will be provided by management
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
The application forms are available on official website of Peshawar High Court, Peshawar. Application forms along with enclosures must reach the Registrar, Peshawar High Court, Peshawar on or before 25-08-2015 till closing hours by hand or by mail. No extra time shall be granted for Postal Transit
Muhammad Ayub Khan Registrar
“SAY NO TO CURRUPTION”
REFORMING & TRANSFORMING