PROCUREMENT MANAGERIT SPECIAUST
Government of Punjab has signed a credit agreement of US$ 350 million for the Punjab Education Sector Project with World Bank. The credit includes a Technical Assistance (TA) component of US$ 10 million for the institutional capacity building of Punjab School Education Sector. The School Education Department (SED; along with the Programme Monitoring and Implementation Unit (PM1U-PESRP) has agreed with the World Bank on a 3-year procurement plan. Hiring of Procurement Specialist is a pan of the procurement plan to be financed from the TA component.
A Procurement Management Specialist is required to manage and coordinate all the procurements and monitor implementation of exist-‘ng agreements.
• Master’s degree in management science/ statistics/ economics or related field from a reputable local or foreign institution. A diploma/ degree in the field of procurement management from reputable local or foreign institution shall be preferred.
• Should have minimum five (05) years of experience in the procurement processes in development sector, demonstrating evident of achieving results and graduation to responsible positions.
• Should have significant procurement experience on public/ private projects of value not less than US$ 50 million involving procurement of services and/or works & goods including information and communication technology.
• Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations of GOPb, World Bank. PPRA and other donor agencies including international procurement best practices. Specially, sound knowledge of World Bank procurement guidelines, procedure and reporting requirements.
• Should have an in-depth understanding of procurement cycle management.
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
• Should have excellent command on MS Office.
• Familiarity with government structures, operations, and procedures.
Successful candidate will be offered competitive market based salary package depending upon qualification, experience and suitability of the candidate.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) may be obtained from the office or downloaded from our website wwv.pesrp.edu.pk. Applications complete in all respects along with CV must be submitted by 25th May 2012. Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for the interviews.
PROGRAMME DIRECTOR Punjab Education Sector Reforms Programme (PMIU-PESRP) 22-B, New Muslim Town, lahore. Tel: 042-99232294