Polio Emergency Operations Centre Job Islamabad, Senior Polio Security Coordinator
The Prime Minister’s Focal Point and Polio Emergency Operations Centre is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Polio Security Coordinator for the National Polio Eradication Initiative.
Area of Responsibility:
– The Senior Polio Security Coordinator will report to the Emergency Operations Centre Coordinator, will work closely with the PM Focal Person for Polio, the Federal Minister of Health, the Federal Health Secretary, and with the Pakistan Polio Eradication Partnership to increase the safety and security of polio workers nationwide. The succcssful candidate must have strong, well-proven leadership skills, a track-record of pan-government experience and exposure, management qualities and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must be flexible, adaptive and responsive to new and innovative ideas to increase the security coordination efforts relating to the safety and security of polio workers across Pakistan.
– The candidate must be a self-starter as this is a new post which will require energy and the ability to think innovatively.
– The candidate must be willing to work closely with a variety of partners including Law Enforcement Agencies, the Military, and Intelligence Service Agencies across the country.
– There is an urgent requirement to fill this post and therefore the successful candidate must be able to start work before 15 September 2015.
– The post will be based within the Emergency Operations Centre located in the Ministry of Health Regulations and Coordination (EPI) in Islamabad but travel throughout Pakistan will be required.
Qualifications & Experience:
– The candidate should be a former Senior Government, Police or Military Officer at no lower than Deputy Inspector General of Police or equivalent government, military rank and preferably should have obtained extensive experience as an Inspector General of Police or equivalent government/military rank for at least 4 years. Candidates should be thoroughly comfortable working at the tactical and strategic level and demonstrate capacity to operate across political and administrative lines in full compliance with the prevailing constitutional realities of Pakistan.
– The applicant should therefore be comfortable in forming relationships across the political, military, law enforcement and humanitarian sectors as well as others.
– The successful candidate will be able to use his/her experience whilst applying innovation and creativity to improve the overall safety and security of polio workers nationwide.
There will be an attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. This post will initially be for up to 12 months with the possibility that it will be extended further.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit their CV along with scanned copies of education and experience documents to: email@example.com, by September 05, 2015, For Queries: 051-2111906.