Directorate of Staff Development Punjab School Education Department, Government of Punjab
Vacancy Announcement of Teacher Educators
Applications invited for the post of Teacher Educators (TEs)
Directorate of Staff Development has developed a Continuous Professional Development Programme for training and professional development of public school teachers in Punjab. For implementation of the programme. DSD has established District Training & Support Centres (DTSCs) in 36 districts of the Punjab. In each DTSC, 3-5 Teacher Educators are placed to monitor CPD activities in the field and provide practical input for professional development of teachers in the field. They are responsible for training, mentoring, professional development and whole school development in their respective district. Applications are invited from suitable candidates from amongst the teachers who are regular employees of Education Department, Government of the Pun jab in BPS-17 for placement as Teacher Educator through transfer and for suitable candidates from Private Stector (purely on contract basis in the programme) in the following districts:
Sr # District Posts Vacant Sr# Jt District Posts Vacant
1 Attock 2 10 Mianwali 1
2 Bahawalnagar 1 11 Muzaffargarh 3
3 Bhakkar 3 12 Rajanpur 1
4 Faisalabad 2 !3 Rawalpindi 4
5 Jhclum 2 14 Rahim Yar Khan 2
6 J hang 2 15 Sargodha 1
7 Khanewal I !6 Sialkot 1
8 Layyah 3 17 Vehari 1
9 Mandi Baha-ud-Din 1 – – –
Further detail of vacant posts of TEs may be had from the offices of EDO Education, DMO or DTSC concerned
Name of Post Category with Pay Eligibility
1. Teacher Educator 1. TEs from Govt Sector (Teachers working in School Education Department on regular basis in BPS-17). Usual Pay and Allowances plus Rs.6000/- per month. 2. From Private Sector Lumpsum pay package of Rs.22.000/-(Rupees twenty two thousand only) per month for fresh recruits (Contract Appointment on Lumpsum Pay Package). 1. Master Degree in any academic discipline. Preference will be given MPhil/Ph.D Degree holders. 2. Maximum age limit is 45 years on closing date of applications. 3. Govt employees working in BPS-17 who are otherwise eligible can apply for appointment through transfer. 4. Minimum 8 years teaching/work experience in the relevant ft .Id is required. 5. Domicile: All Punjab basis. 6. Incomplete applications will be rejected instantly. 7. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
1. The post of Teacher Educator is Programme/Project post, purely on Contract Basis and liable to be terminated any time by the Competent Authority.
2. Every TE will be appointed at a specified DTSC on the basis of merit and his/her choice
3. The post of TE is district specific and non-transferable.
4. Maximum duration for the post of TE is five years, which may be extended by DSD on satisfactory performance.
5. No long/study leave is allowed during the tenure.
6. 5% of the posts are reserved for female candidates. Candidates applying against these seats must submit application separately, mentioning on application with Red Ink ”Women Quota Seat”. Selection of female candidates against quota reserved for them shall be made on the basis of merit amongst female candidates.
7. 2% of the posts are reserved for disabled persons (provide disability certificate from the concerned Medical Board). Selection of disabled candidates against quota reserved for them shall be made on the basis of merit amongst disabled candidates.
8. No TA/DA for test/interview is admissible. DSD reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of posts or cancel the recruitment process at any stage.
9. Applications along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and one passport size fresh photograph must reach DSD Reception Desk. PD Block, with Mr Tanveer Mukhtar (Contact No. 0324-4420524) Junior Clerk. Directorate of Staff Development Punjab Wahdat colony Lahore by Monday 28 October 2013 by 3.00 pm.
PROGRAMME DIRECTOR DIRECTORATE OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT PUNJAB WAHDAT COLONY LAHORE