REGULAR COMMISSION IN PAKISTAN ARMY THROUGH TECHNICAL CADET COURSE
1. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
a. AGE – 17 – 21 years
b. GENDER – Male
c. MARITAL STATU! – Unmarried
d. NATIONALITY. Citizens of Pakistan, domiciles holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit Baltistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
e. PHYSICAL STANDARDS
(1) Minimum Height – 5-4″ (162.5 cm)
(2) Weight – As per Body Mass Index
f. EDUCATION. FSc (Pre Engineering) Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Science with minimum 65% marks or ‘O’ level passed (English being compulsory) in five subjects and ‘A’ level passed in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Computer Studies/Computer Science in Grade A-C.
(1) Candidates possessing qualificatio ns such as ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etcetera will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form.
(2) Candidates who have passed FSc Part-I Examination with minimum 65% marks and appeared / are appearing in FSc Part-I I / Final Examination can also apply on “HOPE Certificates” duly issued by Head of the institutions.
(3) Candidates with Computer Science instead of Chemistry in FSc can apply for Computer Software Engineering only.
2. INELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
a. “Not Recommended” twice by ISSB / GHQ Selection Board.
b. Declared medically unfit by concerned CMH / Appeal Medical Board.
c. Enrolled cadets and recruits withdrawn / resigned / discharged / dismissed from Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force) training academies / institutions on grounds of discipline, character, medical, inefficiency, weak profile, or declared unsuitable.
d. An individual dismissed / removed from any other Government Service.
e. Diploma holders.
f. Convicted by a court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
g. Those studying in any of the Armed Forces Institutions / Academies or nominated against reserved defence quota seats / studying as Paying Cadet in any of the Armed Forces Technical Colleges.
3. REGISTRATION AND PRELIMINARY SELECTION PROCEDURE
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and
Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs). Following procedure will be adopted:-
a. REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET. A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer.
b. REGISTRATION AT AS&RCs. Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
c. SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION / PRELIMINARY TESTS. Registration and preliminary test will be held as per following schedule:-
Registration As per announced schedule.
Preliminary Test As per announced schedule.
d. PRELIMINARY SELECTION
(1) WRITTEN / INTELLIGENCE TESTS. Written test will be based on multiple choice questions from English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Science (Only for CS students). Candidates declared successful in written / intelligence test, will undergo physical tests at AS&RCs.
(2) PHYSICAL TESTS. Candidates must qualify following physical tests :-
(a) 1.6 Km Run – 8% Minutes
(b) Push Ups – 15 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
(c) Sit Ups – 15 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
(d) Chin Ups – 3 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
(e) Ditch Crossing – 7’4″ x 7’4″ with a Depth of 4
(3) PRELIMINARY MEDICAL TEST. Candidates will undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs.
4. FURTHER SELECTION. Short listed candidates will receive notice for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letter. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance. Allocation of disciplines will be made with due consideration to merit, choice and service requirements. Allotment of discipline / decision of GHQ will be final and no representation in this regard or request for change in discipline allotted will be entertained.
5. ACADEMIC/ MILITARY TRAINING a. ACADEMIC
S/No Discipline Duration 4 Years at
(1) Civil Engineering Military College of Engineering Risalpur (NUST)
(2) Electrical (Telecommunication) Engineering Military College of Signals Rawalpindi (NUST)
(3) Computer Software Engineering
(4) Electrical Engineering College of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Rawalpindi (NUST)
(5) Mechanical Engineering
(6) Computer Systems Engineering
(7) Mechatronics Engineering
(8) Aeronautical Engineering College of Aeronautical Engineering, Risalpur (NUST)
b. MILITARY TRAINING. One year military training at PMA Kakul, after obtaining Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Degree.
6. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT AS&RCs
Following documents / certificates are required at the time of registration:-
a. Original Certificate / Detailed Marks Sheet of Matric / FSc / Equivalent certificate. In case of ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level, submission of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
b. Computerized National Identity Card for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” alongwith Guardian’s Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother) for candidates less than l8 years of age.
c. One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
d. 6 x Colour Photos (duly attested on front and back) by Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
e. Original as well as 3 x photocopies of ISSB “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter are also required for Repeater Candidates.
NOTE. Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted.
For further details visit www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk OR
nearest Army Selection & Recruitment Centers at Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, Hyderabad and Multan.
Email your queries on
For ISSB call up notices visit