STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN
State Bank of Pakistan, the Central bank of the country, regulates the monetary and credit system of Pakistan and fosters its growth in the best national interest with a view to securing monetary stability and optimum utilization of the country’s productive resources.
SBP is looking for a high caliber and dynamic professional as Deputy Director (OG-3) in Banking Policy and Regulations Department. The position is based at Karachi.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Deputy Director (OG-3) – Banking Policy and Regulations Department
The responsibilities of incumbent will include but not limited to the following:
• Process approvals for acquisition of a strategic shareholding i.e. 5% and above sponsor shareholdings in a banking company.
• Arrange approvals for merger/amalgamations of banking companies under section 48 of BCO, 1962.
• Prepare and process scheme of reconstruction of banking companies under section 47 of BCO, 1962 in coordination with Federal Government.
• Conduct an extensive in-house financial and legal due diligence exercises on the prospective sponsors shareholder/equity investor in light of the fit and proper test criterion, rules, regulations and guidelines of SBP.
• Analyze and implement financial/analytical techniques on the financial models submitted with SBP in terms of assessing the assumptions used therein to reach upon acquisition/divestment price per share as well as SWAP ratio.
• Communicate and coordinate externally with financial and legal advisors for proposed transactions in hand in order to successfully expedite the same as per timelines.
• Prepare memorandums for consideration of the Senior Management on a case to case basis.
• Draft request for proposal, terms of references and invitation to bid documents for different cases.
• Correspond and coordinate with Ministry of Finance and Privatization Commission for successful implementation of the privatization policies/schemes initiated by Government and also to provide any other financial information sought by Finance Department and/or Privatization Commission pertaining to banking sector.
• Coordinate with other Government Institutions/Autonomous Bodies like Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan and Central Depository Company in order to successfully complete the transaction(s).
Education • Masters degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or ACCA or a related
discipline from HEC recognized university or an equivalent degree from a reputable Foreign University.
Age • Maximum 35 years, relaxation may be allowed in case of highly qualified and more
Experience • Must have at least 04 years of post qualification experience in a reputable Financial Institution
and candidates must possess expertise in Financial Modelling and Financial Analysis Techniques.
• Monetized salary within approved salary scale of OG-3, commensurate with experience and qualifications of the candidates.
• Medical facility as per Bank’s rules.
• Staff Loans and other benefits, facilities and allowances as admissible under New Compensation & Benefits Structure as per Bank’s rules.
Interested Pakistani nationals meeting the above mentioned eligibility criteria for the position may send their detailed CVs along with covering letter, experience certificates, copies of educational documents, CNIC and a recent photograph addressed to the Director, Human Resources Department, State Bank of Pakistan, 10th Floor, SBP Main Building, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000 latest by January 26, 2015. Please clearly mark the envelope with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Misinformation and any attempt to influence the selection process will be considered a definite disqualification for current as well as for all future recruitments in the Bank, even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.