U.S. Consulate General Job Karachi, Administrative Assistant
The U.S. Consulate General in Karachi is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Overseas Buildings Operations Section.
Position: Administrative Assistant, FSN-7, FP-7.
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent serves as a secretary to the OBO Project Director (PD) and administrative assistant for the OBO Office. Performs administrative functions for the PD and the office, including general secretarial and procedural duties; assists in office operation and logistics. Assists in all aspects of the project based on the direction of the PD; carries out the tasks set forth by the PD and implements appropriate measures to achieve the expected final goals and objectives; keeps tracks of project matters ensures that they are completed in a timely fashion.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: Completion of higher secondary school (12 years) of education is required.
2. Experience: At least five years of experience in secretarial or office management field is required.
3. Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Urdu are required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Must have general secretarial knowledge, some knowledge of contractual, architectural and engineering matters; good knowledge of organizational procedures.
5. Abilities & Skills: Must have good typing speed. Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Good writing skills in English and Urdu; be able to draft memos, e-mails, and other documents as needed. Must be flexible and able to respond quickly in a dynamic working environment; ability to exercise sound judgment and be creative in reacting to challenges; self-motivation is crucial to the position, should perform under minimum supervision and be able to adapt the fast-changing requirements of the project and take the initiative to complete tasks with minimum guidance. Must have good communications and interpersonal skills. Able to work under pressure on workload and time restraints. Computer and typing skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: email@example.com. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing Date for this Position: June 08, 2015.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.