U.S. Consulate General Job Karachi, Administrative Clerk
The U.S. Consulate General in Karachi is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Clerk in the Overseas Buildings Operations Section.
Position: Administrative Clerk, FSN-6, FP-8.
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent is responsible to provide the full range of administrative support for the OBO construction and time keeping duties. The incumbent will receive, process, copy, file and distribute electronic and written materials, create and maintain files and filing systems, take phone messages, make appointments, receive visitors, provide escorts and other administrative duties as directed. The incumbent will be responsible for computer keyboard data entry into databases and other computer applications, prepare spreadsheets and print reports. Performs other duties as assigned.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: Completion of higher secondary school (12 years) of education is required.
2. Experience: Minimum three years of clerical or a secretarial experience working with databases and spreadsheets is required.
3. Language: Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Urdu are required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Must have strong working knowledge of office administration and secretarial responsibilities including computer keyboard data entry, time scheduling, distribution, filing, computer operations and file management. .
5. Abilities & Skills: Competent in the use of standard desktop application software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access, as well as competence with applications specifically required to carry out recording keeping efforts, such as electronic archiving, image scanning, keying data into a database, and printing reports. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and tact when dealing with workers, employees and visitors as well as maintaining good working relationships with outside contacts. Must be able to type 35-40 WPM. Computer and typing skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing Date for this Position: June 08, 2015.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.