U.S. Consulate General Job Karachi, Security Investigator
The U.S. Consulate General in Karachi is seeking an individual for the position of Security Investigator, in the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Section.
Position: Security Investigator – (FSN-7, FP-7)
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent of this position performs investigative work pertaining to personal security and background information. Provides conduit for orderly and accurate transfer to the Site Security Coordinator (SSC)/Regional Security Officer (RSO) of biographical information for employees working at the compound construction site (NCC). Works under the supervision of the SSC conducting background investigations for NCC employees. Provides administrative oversight of the Local Guard Force (LGF) contract for the SSC. Acts as the liaison between the SSC and the LGF contract representative(s). Serves as the liaison between members of the LGF and the various security forces assigned to the NCC. Monitors performance of site guards on behalf of the SSC. Performs other duties as assigned.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1.Education: Completion of Higher Secondary School (twelve years of education) is required.
2. Experience: Three years of progressive experience in investigative work with a military, police, or established private security organization including police or military security related training.
3. Language: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English, Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Urdu and level II (Limited) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Sindhi, Baluchi or any other local language is required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Sound knowledge and experience with legal and court procedures in Karachi, as related to SSC/RSO operations. Knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with pertinent local laws such as marriage, divorce, adoptions, invasions of privacy, etc.
5. Abilities & Skills: Must have valid Pakistani Motor Car/Jeep driver’s license. Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook and Excel. Must be able to conduct investigation at all levels within Karachi. Professionalism and positive personality is necessary to have access to host government police and security agencies. Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness in obtaining information or evidence is required. Must be extremely tactful in conducting investigations.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing Date For This Position: July 12, 2015.