U.S. Consulate General Job Lahore, Gardener
The U.S. Consulate General in Lahore is seeking an individual of Gardener in the Facilities Management Office.
Basic Function of Position:
Incumbent performs gardening work at the Consulate General Office Building and Residence. Responsible for loading/unloading, material/equipment shifting and other labor work. Provides expertise to the Embassy on general gardening services and other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: Completion of elementary (eight years) grade is required.
2. Experience: One year of gardening experience is required.
3. Language: Level I (Rudimentary) Reading/Writing/Speaking English and Level II (limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking Urdu is required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Must possess a good working knowledge of plant care and gardening procedure.
5. Abilities & Skills: Ability to operate gasoline lawn and other related gardening tools.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered. Applications can also be submitted at following GPO address. Applicants should clearly mark the position title and/or vacancy announcement number on the envelope. Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Islamabad P.O. Box 1048, GPO, Islamabad.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing Date for this Position: June 02, 2015.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.