United States Embassy Job Islamabad, Work Control Clerk
The United States Embassy in Islamabad is seeking an individual for the position of Work Control Clerk in the Facility Management Section.
Basic Function of Position:
Incumbent performs general clerical tasks including data entry, filing and preparing correspondence and other documents for the Facility Managers, Facility Engineers, Facility Supervisors, administrative assistant and other unit leaders of the Facility Management section. Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: Completion of Secondary school (ten years of education) is required.
2. Experience: Two years of clerical experience is required.
3. Language: Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing English and Urdu are required.
4. Knowledge: Incumbent must have knowledge of clerical operations and procedures. General knowledge of maintenance operations and terminology is required.
5. Abilities & Skills: Must have an ability to operate standard office machinery; ability to use standard PC software for preparing correspondence, maintaining work request logs, etc. Ability to deal tactfully with all level of personnel or individuals requesting maintenance and repair services is required. Must have ability to type 30 words per minute. Typing and other computer skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment as LE Staff or Family Member) or a current resume or a curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: email@example.com. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.