DEMAND FORECASTING AND LOAD RESEARCH EXPERT
Advanced Engineering Associates International Associates, Inc. (AEAI) is implementing the USAID-Funded Energy Policy Program (EPP). EPP is a multi-year initiative to increase power generation, reduce transmission losses, increase cost recovery, introduce new technologies and facilitate GOP reforms with technical assistance.
EPP solicits to engage the services of a qualified professional to perform the following services as part time employee based in Lahore. A total of 200 days of level of effort (LOE) is expected to complete the assignment. The assignment is expected to start from March 1, 2015 and conclude around end of October 2015.
Candidate/professional must have at least 10 years of international experience, preferably in South Asia, in the field of load research and demand forecasting, using historic demand data at national and regional level. The successful candidate should:
• Possess a postgraduate degree in engineering, economics, and mathematics/statistics.
• Have experience of working with large volumes of data with excellent understanding of databases and analytical modelling.
• Have the experience of working as team leader on similar nature of assignments.
• Be capable of establishing a comprehensive database of periodic (hourly, half-hourly, quarter-hourly etc.) demand at finer levels of grid stations e.g., at substation feeder levels.
• Be capable of developing long-term demand forecasting models, using both top-down and bottom-up approaches, to reliably forecast power demand at the substation, DISCO and national levels.
• Be capable of developing short-term demand forecasting models to forecast the hour-ahead and day-ahead demand at the substation, DISCO, and national levels.
Detailed scope of work regarding this position is available on EPP’s website: www.ep-ep.com.pk/opportunities.html
Interested professionals/candidates should submit their curriculum vitae latest by February 22, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation copy may also be sent by courier mail to: HR Department AEAI, House 4, Street 88, Sector G-6/3, Islamabad. Please mention the advertised position in your communication.