USAID-funded Energy Policy Program EPP Job Islamabad, Regulatory Specialist
Advanced Engineering Associates International Associates, Inc. (AEAI) is implementing the USAID-funded Energy Policy Program (EPP). EPP is a multiyear initiative to increase power generation, reduce transmission losses, increase cost recovery, introduce new technologies and facilitate GOP reforms with technical assistance.
EPP solicits to engage the services of a Regulatory Specialist to perform the following services as full time employee based in Islamabad.
Candidate/professional must possess a Master’s degree in Policy with at least 5 years’ experience working with the GOP in a consulting role (desired). Must have High-level of competency in written and spoken English, and the ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines. High-level of computer and financial literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office applications. Ability to work as part of a team.
The Regulatory Specialist will be part of the Policy Reform Team and will perform financial, policy and regulatory analysis as required by the GOP, also will be working with the GOP to develop implementing rules and regulations in support of power sector reform and restructuring. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
– Conducting policy and regulatory analysis.
– Writing rules and regulations.
– Using appropriate statistical and analytical methods to perform financial analysis.
– Maintaining current knowledge-base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
– Identifying relevant guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and providing interpretive assistance.
– Coordinating between GOP counterparts and share findings/analysis to help with the decision making process.
The Regulatory Specialist will report to Sr. Energy Advisor (SEA). The Regulatory Specialist will be expected to deliver ongoing policy support to relevant GOP entities as and when required.
Detailed scope of work regarding this position is available on EPP’s Website: www.ep-ep.com.pk/careeropportunities.html.
Interested professionals/candidates should submit their curriculum vitae latest by March 15, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the advertised position in subject line.