World Bank Group Job Islamabad, Senior Energy Specialist
The World Bank Islamabad Office
Senior Energy Specialist:
– The Energy and Extractives Global Practice (GEEDR) of the World Bank Group is supporting the provision of reliable electricity and access to sustainable and modern energy services for the people of client countries. GEEDR is made up of more than 300 professionals, with an annual lending program of USS 7 billion, and an active portfolio of some USS 30 billion. To meet the needs of its work in Pakistan, the GEEDR is seeking to hire a Senior Energy Specialist based in Islamabad. It is a local position and subject to the Islamabad Office compensation plan.
The successful candidate should have:
– A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (engineering, finance, economics).
– Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in the energy sector and knowledge of issues facing the energy sector in Pakistan.
– A proven track record in designing and implementing complex activities.
– Strong organizational skills, and excellent oral / written communications skills in English and Urdu.
Individuals meeting the foregoing criteria may visit: www.worldbank.org/jobs, and choose Job # 150244 for the detailed job description and on-line submission of application.
The last date for submission of applications is March 02, 2015.
The World Bank Group is an equal opportunities employer and offers rewarding careers in a global work environment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.