WWF-Pakistan Job Gilgit-Baltistan, Senior Officer Climate Change Adaptation
Project / Program: HICAP/Himalica/Hi-AWARE & UIB
The position will be responsible for performance of day to day implementation of the given project activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Plan, implement and monitor ICIMOD ( International Centre For Integrated Mountain Development) supported adaptation initiatives in GB Region;
– Develop work plans, budget forecasts and other required documents on prescribed formats/templates for approval, prior starting field implementation;
– Prepare, present and submit technical and financial progress reports on pre-determined formats and timelines;
– Help organize meetings/workshop /seminars for project partners and other stakeholders;
– Coordinate with relevant government, non-government and community partners for linkages, cooperation and synergies;
– Coordinate with donor, and other regional and international aid agencies and partners for future cooperation and out scaling;
– Plan, prepare and facilitate monitoring and evaluation missions, as, when and where needed;
– Maintain a high quality track record of project activities, documents and deliverables;
– Help write technical reports, policy papers, briefs, concepts and proposals;
– Write at least four research articles / case studies per year covering field stories, lessons and achievements of high socio-ecological significance for dissemination;
– Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience & Working Knowledge:
– A post graduate in environmental science, foreign qualification acquired will be an asset;
– At least two years of relevant working experience with a national / international R/D organization;
Skills & Attributes:
– Good at application of MS Office and statistical packages;
– Excellent in English and local languages, writing and communication skills;
– Physically fit for traveling / trekking in rugged mountain areas.
– Familiarity with social, cultural and geographical context
– Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results;
WWF-Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to amend this document from time to time, as may be required in the interests of the organization.