WWF-Pakistan Job Lahore, Director Finance
External: Relevant government departments, Suppliers, Specialists / Consultants, Donors, Audit Firms
Internal: WWF Network & WWF-Pakistan’s Board
Supervise the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems for all financial support services throughout the organization including accounting, financial reporting, auditing, related IT systems, budget management, and adherence to guidelines developed by the organization. Assist in the development of the Strategic and Business Plans for the organization. Ensure that the organization has enough financial resources to comply with its contractual obligations. Assist in maintaining close strategic working relationships within and outside the WWF network and represent WWF – Pakistan at relevant regional, national and international dialogue as may be required. Help deliver a professional, effective and impact-driven organization valued within and outside the WWF network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Policies, Procedures & Systems:
1. Design & implement policies and procedures of work to minimize financial risk; ensure compliance with the standards of WWF Network, donors, recommended best practices and WWF – Pakistan’s Employees Rules.
2. Ensure strict compliance with the local laws and regulations and make sure that the policies and procedures are adapted where necessary to reflect these laws and regulations.
3. Ensure that all office locations are properly equipped with the appropriate / approved systems [accounting, IT and processing software] and that these are updated in a timely manner.
Financial Management and Reporting:
4. Ensure that all office locations have appropriate financial structures with properly qualified and trained staff.
5. Ensure the adequacy and quality of financial reports, systems, procedures and internal controls in all locations.
6. Oversee the preparation, consolidation and distribution of financial reports; develop a timetable for data transfer from site / regional offices to ensure timely preparation of consolidated financial reports.
7. Correspond with Donor Agencies with regards to financial reporting and controls based upon review of agreements; ensure compliance with the financial contractual obligations of projects.
8. Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of project budgets and forecasts.
9. Ensure that all project budgets are fully funded and appropriate systems are in place for payment.
10. Ensure that the financial reports for all office locations are regularly reviewed, analysed and followed-up jointly by senior finance staff and the project executants.
11. Call funds from donors on a timely basis and co-ordinate transfers of funds.
12. Complete the internal / external audits of all projects / offices as per the Annual Audit Plan; ensure that recommendation/observations made and agreed by the internal audit committee are implemented.
13. Prepare the investment portfolio of WWF-Pak, Provident Fund and Gratuity Fund with financial institutions as per Investment Policy and manage existing investments to maximize the yield. Ensure that Provident Fund, Gratuity Fund and Employee Welfare Fund are maintained and managed as per Income Tax Ordinance and relevant Rules.
14. Maintain funds flow to ensure the availability of cash for immediate needs.
15. Assist in the renewal of tax exemptions, ensure the submission of tax statements and pursue cases & applications with tax authorities.
16. Coordinate / conduct trainings for non financial Managers / employees.
17. Identify areas of cost recovery and facilitate arranging in-house expertise and contracts.
18. Ensure the quality of service and monitor the financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Strategic and Business Planning:
19. Ensure that the WWF-Pakistan develops and maintains a Business Plan appropriate to the requirements of its Strategic Plan.
20. Co-ordinate the preparation of the organization / project budgets in accordance with the annual planning cycle.
21. Assists in the preparation and review of all proposals for submission for funding to donors.
Administration & IT:
22. Ensure that fixed assets of the organization are recorded and accounted for.
23. Ensure that the procurement of assets follow the Procurement Guidelines.
24. Ensure that reliable and cost effective IT services are available.
Education, Experience & Work Knowledge:
– A Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years experience preferably in a major international organisation/NGO.
– Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO.
– Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements of major Government and Aid Agencies.
– Hands-on knowledge of the ACCPAC accounting software would be a distinct advantage.
– Experience of working in a multicultural / international environment. International working experience, specifically in the coordination of teams of people with different cultural backgrounds is essential.
– Understanding of global and/or regional conservation arena, key players, and policy processes.
– Strong commitment to conservation and development issues.
– Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results.
Other Skills and Abilities:
– Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and supervise people and plan, schedule and budget larger, complicated projects / initiatives.
– Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals within and outside the WWF Network.
– Demonstrated ability to enter into complex funding partnerships with a range of stakeholders.
– Fluency in oral and written English is essential.
– Exceptional Presentation Skills.
– Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion; ability to handle change and uncertainty.
– Proficiency in the use of computer office applications on word processing, spreadsheet and presentation.
WWF-Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to amend this document from time to time, as may be required in the interests of the organization.