WWF-Pakistan Job Rahim Yar Khan, Producer Unit Supervisor
The Position will be responsible for performance of day to day implementation of field activities, data management and fulfilling training requirements of the producer regarding Better Cotton Standard System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Participate in training delivered by Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) accredited trainer and attend any subsequent refresher training (as required by BCI).
– Ensure that all facilitators are trained by a Better Cotton Initiative accredited trainer.
– Develop a continuous improvement plan and review progress on annual basis.
– Develop a protocol to identify workers on the farm and train them on all relevant aspects of Decent Work.
– Set up an appropriate data management system.
– Identify and address issues/risks associated with implementation/ potential non compliance.
– Plan/ enforce implementation of corrective actions resulting from monitoring activities.
– Conduct internal assessment on 10% of the Learning Group (for smallholders) or 10% of medium farms including all facilitators.
– Ensure that training materials are available for facilitators and farmers to cover all the Minimum Production Criteria.
– Complete self-assessment 4 weeks before the beginning of harvest and submit to Better Cotton Initiative.
– Cooperate with Implementing Partners, Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) or verifiers during external assessment.
– Provide feedback to farmers on the ability to sell Better Cotton.
– Coordinate the Internal Management System.
– Conduct annual self-assessment on Minimum and Improvement Requirements.
– Operate a system to collect, compile and report accurate data from farmer to Producer Unit.
– Identify and address issues/risks associated with potential non-compliance.
– Participate in any 2nd party credibility checks or 3rd party verifications carried out.
Education, Experience & Working Knowledge;
– 4 Years Bachelors or Post graduate degree in Agriculture (any discipline).
– At least one year related field experience in similar capacity.
– Experience of working in a development sector organization will be useful;
Skills & Attributes:
– Demonstrated ability to plan, implementation & Manage filed activities;
– Data Entry & Report Writing;
– Personnel management skills and experience;
– Good problem-solving skills and results orientation;
– Excellent written / spoken native languages
– Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results;
– Proficiency in the use of computer office applications on word processing and spread sheet.
WWF-Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to amend this document from time to time, as may be required in the interests of the organization.