Aga Khan University Job Karachi, Manager, Office of the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Aga Khan University (AKU) is seeking services of a Manager for the Office of the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent will have to undertake financial planning, analysis and systems review for University wide projects.
The Individual will be Required to:
– Undertake special assignments related to financial functions (developing financial projection, setting up financial functions, review of internal controls, training and development of finance team) on University Wide activities/projects as follows:
– Provide support for New Central Asia Health Initiatives.
– Provide support for East Africa based New Initiatives.
– Provide support in other areas where AKU work.
– Provide support for AKDN Wide Financial Activities.
– Work with AKU-wide P&B to revamp the planning process and to create a planning and budgeting manual for AKU.
– Work with the VP, Finance & CFO and Finance heads in each country/region to standardize practices.
– Represents Finance division at various University wide forums specially for the planning of new initiative/projects.
– Supervise Pakistan based land and phlebotomy center procurement function.
– Undertake any special assignments as assigned by the Supervisor.
– CA / CMA / CIMA or MBA from reputable university with majors in Finance.
– Minimum of five to six years working experience in a management position, experience with NGO’s at a management position in Finance will be an added advantage.
– Should have sound knowledge of overall financial systems.
– Solid interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
– Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization in a professional and competent manner with strong customer focus;
– Excellent analytical skills; Able to motivate team and command respect. Able to communicate relevant trends and findings clearly and concisely, knowing when to escalate.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision and to resolve issues independently;
– Strong time-management and self-management skills;
– Strong knowledge of MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
– Willing to work equally well in a team environment while being a self-starter;
– Able to work well under tight deadlines, sometimes heavy workloads and with a high degree of individual responsibility.
To Apply Please send your resume at: email@example.com, and mark the subject with position number “10006737“.
Applications should be submitted latest by June 19, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.