Aga Khan University Job Pakistan, Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / E-Learning Specialist / Database Administrator
The Aga Khan University:
Aga Khan University, a private, self-governing international university chartered in Pakistan in a role model for academic, research and service programmes in health and higher education in the developing world. The University currently has teaching sites in Pakistan. East Africa, the United Kingdom and Afghanistan, and is a major component of Aga Khan Development Network.
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, Medical Oncology:
– The Department of Oncology offers comprehensive cancer care services to all patients through multidisciplinary teams. Infrastructure facilities include a daycare setting dedicated to oncology patients while outpatient facilities include clinics of Medical Oncology, Hematology, Pediatric Oncology. Radiation Oncology, and Palliative Care.
– The incumbent will have an independent consult ant status and undertake undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research and specified administrative activities.
– Candidates must have completed a structured postgraduate training program and possess FCPS, MR CP, American Boards or equivalent qualification. Applicants for Associate Professor should have at least 8 years of teaching / research experience in a HEC recognized University with 5 years” post-terminal experience of teaching and a minimum of 1.0 research publications in journals recognized jointly by HEC and PMDC, with at least 4 of these publications in the last 5 years. Applicants for Assistant Professor should have at least 2 years’ experience as Senior Instructor or equivalent.
E-Learning Specialist (English Language):
– The appointee will be responsible for developing and maintaining web-based portals to provide access to high quality online courses, materials and resources for enhancing English language skills. S/hc will also develop and support online assessment and provide training in the use of technologies and eLearning methodologies.
– Candidates should have a Master’s degree with relevant IT or eLearning training and a recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). They should have at least two years” relevant work experience which includes English language teaching (preferably in a higher education context) and designing and delivering online courses.
– The individual will be responsible to lead and assist in the implementation and maintenance of the existing and new application databases as well as providing database support to software development team especially in interface management.
– Candidates should have Masters in Computer Science with a proven track record of database design. administration, programming, performance monitoring/ optimization, trouble shooting and systems management with at least 5 to 6 years experience in a mission critical preferably in a hospital environment.
Further details are available on: http://www.aku.edu/vacancies/Pages/search-jobs.aspx.