The Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, South Asia’s premier business school seeks the services of committed, creative, energetic and result-oriented individuals for the following positions:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director, Centre for Business & Economic Research (CBER) and will be actively involved in the implementation the IBA’s research and innovation strategy, which is aimed to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the center’s research initiatives. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to assist the Director CBER and IBA faculty members in developing research grant proposals as well as handing day-to-day affairs of the center:
• Plan, coordinate and execute assigned research projects.
• Track project progress and report the same to Director CBER.
• Stay abreast with latest developments in research tools and techniques; and take lead in their implementation at IBA.
• Analyze and resolve research issues promptly and accurately.
• Coordinate with faculty in determining research priorities and developing research proposals and roadmap.
• Ensure that research deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
• Masters from an HEC recognized university/institute with at least 3 years proven hands on experience of conducting and coordinating research projects.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Well versed the latest tools and techniques of research.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, supervise team and meet deadlines.
Assistant Manager, Communications & Marketing:
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Program Director (Communications & Public Affairs) and will assist the Director in developing and executing communications and marketing strategies aimed to enhance the IBA’s brand image and promoting IBA events through all channel of mass media. The job requires expertise in new and current marketing strategies, and suits those who have the ability to transform vision into reality. Following are the major responsibilities:
• Planning, developing and implementing of IBA’s communications and marketing strategies.
• Take lead in organizing internal and external public relations activities.
• Strategize development of support material and services for various departments in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
• Supervise Coverage of seminars, conferences, convocation and other IBA events and activities in mainstream media, including social media.
• Monitor and supervise marketing campaigns, placement of ads, newsletters, annual reports and other print material etc. Requirements:
• Masters, preferably MBA, from an HEC recognized university/institute with at least 3 years of experience at the middle management level. Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Ability to supervise the team and follow the strict deadlines.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer:
The ideal candidate would be required to implement standard methodologies practiced in quality assurance system as well as to create and adapt to emerging technologies in the field of IT. The key responsibilities are diagnosing, reporting, tracking, resolving quality issues, launching of new projects and follow ups.
• Solid knowledge of best practices, techniques and methodologies related to software quality assurance.
• Perform all aspects of testing including functional, regression, load, performance and system testing.
• Set direction for and oversee all software testing activities and refine process improvement.
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
• BS/BE or equivalent degree from HEC recognized university/Institute with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of ERP (specifically PeopleSoft) will be a definite plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven self-starter with good organization skills and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fill the Online Pre-employment Application Form available on the IBA web link: https://careers.iba.edu.pk along with their updated CVs, latest by March 15, 2015.
Head of Human Resources
Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
University Road, Karachi