International Organization for Migration IOM Job Islamabad, National Strategy Consultant
Supervision and Monitoring:
– The Consultant will report to Medical Officer, MHD IOM Pakistan and overall supervision will be done by Chief Medical Officer, MHD IOM Pakistan in technical consultation with Chief of Mission, Pakistan and IOM regional project management office.
Purpose of the Task:
– The purpose of this assignment is to develop a “National Strategic Plan on Migration Health” along with a Plan of Action for Pakistan in addressing health vulnerabilities of migrants, promoting their health rights and increasing access to health services in a comprehensive manner involving multiple stakeholders related to health and migration management. This national strategic plan will act as a basis of developing national response (programmes) to the health issues of migrants and backstop further advocacy for a separate national Policy on Migration and Health.
Scope of Work (SOW):
– In close consultation and coordination with IOM, the following are the key activities and deliverables expected from the Consultant involved in developing the national strategic plan for Pakistan.
1.Review of related literature and existing policy documents:
This will include the research report for the Baseline Assessment conducted by IOM Pakistan and review relevant international and regional practices to protect health rights of migrants. The desk reviews shall include:
– Research publications (published and unpublished);
– Relevant government health and migration policies/ strategies;
– Relevant reports and statistics related to health and migration;
– Legislations/ acts relating to health and migration.
– IOMs internal documents i.e. reports, evaluations, etc. to determine both the organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
2.Work closely with relevant IOM staff:
This includes liaising with the policy and programme unit in developing work schedule, methodology and processes including identifying key stakeholders to be included in the scope of work.
3.Consult with MOPHRD, NHSRC, MOFA:
National Planning Commission (NPC) and other major stakeholders involved in issues of Migration and Health.
4.Draft National Strategic Plan on Migration and Health:
To be done in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
5.Conduct a validation/ consultation workshop:
Subject to deliberation with IOM, the Consultant is expected to organize and facilitate at least two separate consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to receive input for, and validation of, the national strategic plan. The first meeting will be a participatory workshop to develop and design the national strategy and action plan of the Government on addressing the health issues and concerns of inbound, outbound and internal migrants including the internally displaced populations in the country. The second meeting will be to review and endorse (validate) the final version of the national strategic plan of action.
6.Finalize the National Strategic Plan:
At finalization, the national strategic plan will be submitted to respective Ministries in close collaboration with MHD, IOM Pakistan.
Degree of Expertise and Qualifications:
– Masters degree in Public Health, International Health, or other related social science from a recognized institution. Doctorate preferable.
Professional and Related Experiences:
– Experience in developing Policy and National Strategic Plans, preferably in health;
– Experience in policy research is desirable;
– Proven skill/experience/analysis on gender and health is essential;
– English proficiency with excellent written and communication skills is a must; Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
– Excellent time management and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.