NTDC is Public Limited Company mandated under its license to take over all the properties, rights and assets, obligations and liabilities of 220 KV and 500 KV Grid Stations and Transmission Lines/Networks. NTDC operates and maintains twelve 500 KV and twenty nine 220 KV Grid Stations, 5077km of 500 KV transmission line and 7359 km of 220 KV transmission line in Pakistan.
NTDC intends to establish a specialized Central Contract Cell (CCC) that will be responsible to evaluate Bids received for various projects that NTDCL undertakes. The CCC will report directly to the Board of Directors of NTDCL.
Applications are invited from experienced and energetic candidates to fill the following position in Central Contract Cell-NTDCL.
General Manager (Central Contract Cell)
on contract for one year (extendable)
a. Eligibility: BSc /BE (Electrical Engineering). Additional qualification in Management Sciences and
or Law will be preferred. The candidate should have at least 30 years of experience of handling preparation of tender documents for projects in the electricity transmission sector, evaluation of bids etc. The up-to-date knowledge of relevant procedures, PPRA rules, familiarity with relevant processes of international financing agencies is essential.
b. Package: Successful candidate will be offered market based (negotiable) remuneration package.
c. Job Profile:* To act as head of “Independent Expert Advisory Body”, reporting to BOD-NTDCL and
dealing & scrutinizing the cases / contacts keeping in view the interest of NTDC.
• To develop the Standards/Terms/Procurement Manual in the light of PPRA Rules, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) Guidelines, FIDIC and the guidelines of other donor agencies, vetting and scrutiny of all draft service agreements.
• Scrutiny of all draft Bidding Documents, contracts and developing an SOP for the facilitation of NTDC Consultants / Engineers of the Project towards preparation of the Bidding Documents, Bid Evaluations, Awards and resolution of Contractual Matters.
• Vetting of amendments in the Bidding Documents related to contract management.
• Scrutiny of all Evaluation Reports having worth of Rs. 100 million or more; or those delegated by MD NTDCLfrom time to time.
• Examining time extension cases with the reasons thereof, and will develop an SOP that will give a realistic view on EOT cases.
Application along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and recent 03 passport size photographs should reach D.G(HR) NTDCL 419-WAPDA House, Lahore within 10 days of the publication of this advertisement. Company reserves the right to accept or reject any/ all the applications without assigning any reason. NoTA/DAwill be admissiblefortest/interview.
This Tender is also available at PPRA’s Website: www.ppra.org.pk