Regular Commission in Pakistan Army Through 127 PMA Long Course
ADVERTISEMENT FOR REGULAR COMMISSION IN PAKISTAN ARMY THROUGH 127 PMA LONG COURSE
1. Eligibility Conditions
a. Age as on 01 May 2011
(1) Intermediate or Equivalent 17-22 Years Relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limit under special circumstances(2) Graduates and Serving PN / PAF Personnel 17-23 Years(3) Serving Army Soldiers 17-25 Years
b. Gender Male
c. Marital Status
Unmarried (Married serving personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age are eligible).
Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit-Baltistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
e. Physical Standards
(1) Minimum Height 5′- 4″ (162.5cm)(2) Visual Standard (a) Distance Vision (b) Near Vision
With glasses 6/9, 6/12J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses(3) Weight As per the Body Mass Index
(1) Marks – FA / FSc. Minimum 60 percent marks in FA/FSc and equivalent.
(2) Relaxation of Marks – FA / FSc. Minimum 55 percent marks for the candidates with domicile Balolchistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in Khyber Pakhtun Khwa, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sind, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawer Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab, who have been actually studying in same areas.
(3) Serving Army Soldiers. 50 percent marks in FA/FSc and equivalent.
(4) Hope Certificate. Candidates who have passed Part-1 of Intermediate Examination with minimum 60% marks and have appeared/appearing in Supplementary of Part-II/Final Examination and whose result will be announced by 31 Mar 2011 can also apply subject to provision of original Part-1 Marks Sheets alongwith “Hope Certificate” by the Head of College/University that they have good chance of passing the finals examination with minimum 60% marks. Such candidates will deposit their original Part-II Certificate/Mark Sheets alongwith 4 attested copies to GHQ PA Dte, PA-3(a) latest by 10 Apr 2011 otherwise their selection will not be processed further.
(5) Verification of Marks Sheet / Certificate. Candidates not issued with certificates or in possession of duplicate/revised mark sheets/certificates of Matric / Intermediate / BA / BSc MUST get a Verification Certificate signed by Secretary/Controller Examination of concerned Board/University.
2. Ineligibility Conditions
a. Screened out twice by ISSB.
b. “Not Recommended” twice by ISSB/GHQ Selection & Review Board
c. Declared medically unfit by concerned CMH / Appeal Medical Board.
d. Enrolled cadets and recruits withdrawn/resigned/discharged/dismissed from Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force) training academies/institutions on the grounds of discipline, character, medical, inefficiency, weak profile, or declared unsuitable.
e. An individual dismissed/removed from any other government service.
f. Convicted by a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
g. Declared unfit by concerned CMH / Appeal Medical Board.
3. Registration and Preliminary Selection Procedure
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs). Following procedure will be adopted:-
a. Registration Through Internet
A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk . Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidate will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along all documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
b. Registration at AS&RCs
The candidates may report at nearest following Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs) for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities from 1-30 Nov 2010. The candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
AS&RC Telephone AS&RC Telephone(1) Peshawar 091-201-5885 (2) Rawalpindi 051-561-34137(3) Lahore 042-6699-35885 (4) Multan 061-531-5885(5) Hyderabad 022-791-5885 (6) Karachi 021-560-5885(7) Quetta 081-2490-5885 (8) Gilgit 05811-961-35885
c. Schedule of Registration / Preliminary Tests
Registration and Preliminary Tests will be held as per following schedule:-
Registration 1 to 30 November 2010 (Incl Sundays)Preliminary Tests 1 December 2010 to 15 January 2011 (Except Sundays / Closed Holidays)
d. Preliminary Selection
(1) Written/ Intelligence Tests. Written/Intelligence tests will be based on multiple choice questions from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiat and General Knowledge. The candidates declared successful in written test will undergo physical / medical tests and interviews at AS&RCs.
(2) Physical Tests. The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
(a) 1.6 Km Run 8.5 minutes(b) Push Ups 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(c) Sit Ups 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(d) Chin Ups 3 repetitions in 2 minutes(e) Ditch Crossing 7′.4″ x 7′.4″ with a depth of 4′
(3) Interview. Candidates who qualify written test will be interviewed at AS&RC and short listed for ISSB test.
(4) Successful candidates will receive notice for ISSB tests through website as well as call letter.
4. Further Selection
Candidates who are selected by AS&RC will be called for ISSB Test by GHQ. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance.
5. Training Period at PMA. 2 Years.
6. Documents Required at AS&RCs
a. Original certificate / detailed Marks Sheet of Matric / FA / FSc / Equivalent. In case of “O” level / “A” level, submission of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
b. Computerized National Identity Card for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” alongwith Guardian”s Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother) for less than 18 years old.
c. One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
d. 6 x Coloured photos duly attested (front and back) by Principal/Class 1 Gazetted Officer.
e. Original as well as three photocopies of “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter by ISSB are also required for “Repeater Candidates”.
Note :- Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted.
7. PAKISTAN NATIONALS RESIDING ABROAD
Eligible candidates residing abroad are exempted from Preliminary Selection. However, Defence Attaches will ascertain their overall suitability, physical deformity and stammering aspects. The candidates are advised to approach Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defence Attaches) in the country where residing or Personnel Administration Directorate PA-3(a), GHQ Rawalpindi, for issuance of Application Forms. They will submit their Application Forms alongwith connected documents through Pakistani Embassies by 10 Jan 2011. A postal order of Rs. 100/- and a Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- in the name of Director Personnel Administration (Selection), Personnel Administration Directorate, GHQ Rawalpindi will be attached with the Application Form. Postal address in Pakistan should also be indicated in the Application Forms so that call up notice for ISSB Tests/ Interviews and further correspondence to eligible candidates can be made on the given Pakistani address. No traveling allowance will be admissible for traveling to and from Pakistan.
a. For further details visit: www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk Or nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centres at Gilgit, Peshawar, Rawalpindi , Lahore , Multan , Hyderabad , Karachi and Quetta.
b. Email your queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. For ISSB call up notices visit:- www.issb.com.pk