ANNOUNCEMENT OF VICE-CHANCELLOR’S POSITION
The Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor, University of Swat invites applications for the position of Vice-Chancellor University of Swat from accomplished and strongly motivated academic leaders and administrators with a demonstrated track record of academic administration, strong leadership and financial management skills. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
* Should have a sound academic background and be well versed with modern trends in operation of management of an institution of higher learning.
* Possess a holistic understanding of issues in Higher Education at the national and international levels.
* Possess the ability to represent the University effectively, nationally and internationally, especially with government, business and the wider community.
* Should have the capability and experience of resource mobilization and developing industrial and commercial linkages.
* Possess leadership qualities for policy making in relation to efficient and effective management of all affairs of a University.
* Possess excellent entrepreneurial, negotiation, inter-personal and communication skills.
* Should have the ability to inspire team members to achieve organizational tasks and goals. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
* An outstanding academician I administrator of international stature. Should preferably have earned Ph.D degree. Should not be more than 65 years of age on 4th September, 2015. Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply.
Should have 10 years minimum experience in postgraduate-teaching/research or experience in executive administration.
* Each member of the Search Committee may propose to invite suitable candidate(s). TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Tenure: Four years as per provisions of the University of Swat Regulation 2010. which may be amended from time to time.
* Pay: Enhanced salary package as approved by the Chancellor/Governor, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates are invited to apply on plain paper with complete contact information (Telephone, Fax, Email, Date of Birth etc). The application should be accompanied by the following documents: Certified copies of educational certificates/degrees/diplomas.
Detailed curriculum vitae clearly highlighting all elements of eligibility criteria and personal attributes. List of research publications, if any. Three recent passport size photographs. Those already in service should apply through proper channel. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
The applications of eligible candidates should reach the office of the Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department, Civil Secretariat Peshawar not later than 4th September, 2015
(Asad Jan) SECTION OFFICER (UNIVERSITIES-II) Higher Education Department, Civil Secretariat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar. Ph: 091-9210337, Fax: 091-9210368
Also available on www.khyberpakhtunkhwa.gov.pk