Exciting Career Opportunity (Karachi)
A.F. FERGUSON & CO.
Chartered Accountants A member firm of the PwC network
Executive Search & Selection
Position for Chief Financial Officer – Education Fund for Sindh
The Education Fund for Sindh (EFS), is part of a donor funded program and is being established as a not for profit organization focusing on providing education to out of school children in Karachi and rural parts of Sindh. EFS is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to serve as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The programme needs an individual that meets the following criteria:
Professional Qualification: Chartered Accountant
Experience: A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Chartered Accountant including at least
three years at a senior management level.
Location: Karachi based location with some travel required.
Competencies and skills:
• Leadership and interpersonal skills of highest quality
• Strong financial management and analytical skills
• Sound knowledge of corporate laws and regulatory regimes
• Well-conversant with risk management practices and internal control systems
Area of responsibility:
• Expert in formulating financial strategies, managing business planning, budgeting, taxation and regulatory affairs.
• Manage the treasury function of EFS and make strategic decisions regarding fund management.
• Maintain sound accounting and internal control system meeting the requirements of international standards and best practices.
• Review and finalize quarterly and annual financial statements of EFS prepared in accordance with applicable financial reporting framework and local laws.
• Monitor financial performance of EFS and advise CEO for appropriate actions on timely basis.
A competitive salary including fringe benefits is offered.
Should you be interested, please send a detailed resume before October 12th, 2012 to A.F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants, Executive Search & Selection, State Life Building 1-C, I.I. Chundrigar Road Karachi-74000 or e-mail your recent CV at email@example.com mentioning the position applied for in the subject line captioned 'CFO-EFS'.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All communications will be treated in the strict confidence.