STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN
State Bank of Pakistan, the Central bank of the country, regulates the monetary and credit system of Pakistan and fosters its growth in the best national interest with a view to securing monetary stability and optimum utilization of the country’s productive resources.
SBP is looking for high caliber and dynamic professionals as Research Analysts purely on contract basis for a period two (02) years, in Economic Policy Review Department. These positions are based in Karachi. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Research Analyst (02 years contract)
The responsibilities of incumbents will include the following:
• Work as a subject specialist with other team members on SBP’s Quarterly and Annual Reports.
• Compile and maintain data relating to specific sector (e.g., energy, textiles, cement, telecom, automobiles & engineering, oil and gas exploration, banking, etc).
• Have sound understanding of data-related issues; and ensure accuracy and authenticity of data/information.
• Monitor developments taking place in the assigned sector, and maintain a close interaction with other Departments and Agencies/Firms outside SBP to gather insights on the performance, challenges and outlook for the sector.
• Have good writing skills to produce analytical notes which can be included in the Quarterly and Annual Report.
• Analyze and write independent short analytical notes or working papers on topics of interest to the management.
M. Phil or Masters degree in Economics or Finance or a related discipline from HEC recognized university or an equivalent degree from a reputable Foreign University.
Maximum 35 years. Relaxation may be allowed in case of highly qualified and more experienced candidates._
Minimum 03 years of relevant experience in a reputable organization including proven record of Independent research expertise.
Expertise of MS office and Econometrics Software.
Possess professional writing experience with superior presentation skills.
Market based negotiable salary package commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Other terms and conditions as per contract agreement.
There is no policy for absorption against the contractual position as per rules.
Interested Pakistani nationals meeting the above mentioned eligibility criteria for the position may send their detailed CVs along with covering letter, experience certificates, copies of educational documents, CNIC and a recent photograph addressed to the Director, Human Resources Department, State Bank of Pakistan, 10th Floor, SBP Main Building, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000 latest by February 02, 2015. Please clearly mark the envelope with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Misinformation and any attempt to influence the selection process will be considered a definite disqualification for current as well as for all future recruitments in the Bank, even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.