U.S. Embassy Job Islamabad, Real Property Clerk
The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad is seeking an individual for the position of Real Property Clerk in the General Services Office (GSO).
Position: Real Property Clerk, FSN-6; FP-8:
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent, under the supervision of a local Real Property Supervisor, is responsible for day-to-day management of accurate files on U.S. Government-owned and leased properties in Islamabad, Peshawar, and Lahore. The incumbent assists Real Property Assistants in the Housing Unit. The incumbent prepares, updates and distribute various spreadsheets and maintains the Real Property Application (RPA) daily. The incumbent prepares monthly payment vouchers and quarterly Rental Benchmark Initiative (RBI) reports. The incumbent performs other related professional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
1. Education: Completion of twelve years of education is required.
2. Experience: wo years of working experience in office administration which includes customer service is required.
3. Language: Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Urdu are required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Incumbent must have a good working knowledge of general office correspondence, instructions, and procedures.
5. Abilities & Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite and ability to work on other web based computer programs is required. These skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Selection Process: When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
7. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
8. U. S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment as LE Staff or Family Member) or a current resume or curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 (see Appendix B) by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Vacancy Announcement Number must be mentioned in the subject line of the email. Applicants are encouraged to submit the DS-174. However, applicants who submit both a DS-174 and a resume will not be considered.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Incomplete applications or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy Website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing Date for this Position: June 21, 2015.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.